2010 dodge 2500 cummins

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother wants to get rid of the DPF. he has been quoted $1300 in Lloydminster and I think that's a bit high. Am I right or is that what I costs??

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never priced it out but I do believe that is in the ballpark if it comes with programmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brewer

Reaction score
Depends on the programmer. The H&S mini max is selling for $1700 for just the tuner.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is pretty sad. I bought my mini max 2 years ago for $950. The whole delete and programmer was around 1200 i think. This was me doing the install too.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's other ways to do it other than H&S, who is pretty much out of the picture right now ( try getting support ). I bought a Raceme tuner first ($800), they are basically a rebranded smarty tuner. it has worked great on my 2010 CTD. I used the delete pipes for the truck which are only a couple hundred bucks, seeing how the factory exhaust is 4'' mandrel bend from factory. Now i have EFI live which is around $1000 with the spade or have a guy like mitch cooper tune the truck for you.

Basically you are going to spend 1000 to do it yourself (labor) 1300 is pretty cheap depending on what tuner they use.

Dan,

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are these prices you guys are quoting just for the dpf or do they include the EGR delete? I recently bought an 08 with the dpf deleted and an XRT Pro and I'm debating taking the EGR out too.

aderry

Reaction score
There's other ways to do it other than H&S, who is pretty much out of the picture right now ( try getting support ). I bought a Raceme tuner first ($800), they are basically a rebranded smarty tuner. it has worked great on my 2010 CTD. I used the delete pipes for the truck which are only a couple hundred bucks, seeing how the factory exhaust is 4'' mandrel bend from factory. Now i have EFI live which is around $1000 with the spade or have a guy like mitch cooper tune the truck for you.

Basically you are going to spend 1000 to do it yourself (labor) 1300 is pretty cheap depending on what tuner they use.

Dan,

X2 on Mitch with EFI live he did a friends duramax and it was much better then any other canned tune trucks I have been in and good prices. He could also talk to summitrick his shop has done a lot of work on my f350. The work has always been done quickly with excellent results and fair prices.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4" turbo back is around $400. There's a few used tuners out there as well. Smarty Jr (ME) works good. I bought a few for 300ish. Also Torque Technologies makes a great one. Full egr delete is around 350 depending on what manufacturer.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are these prices you guys are quoting just for the dpf or do they include the EGR delete? I recently bought an 08 with the dpf deleted and an XRT Pro and I'm debating taking the EGR out too.

Rip that thing out ! That is first thing you want to get rid of. Imo no sense doing a DPF delete if your gunna leave the soot builder in there!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that is the price for just the DPF delete and efi live tune. To do the EGR another $900.

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the dodges like the duramax where you can just turn the Egr off using a tuner or efi live ?

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well he went to J&R automotive in lloyd and got the DPF deleted and the efi live tune for light tow. All I can say is WOW!!!! What a difference in power. Now in want to put the efi live tune on my duramax. I've been quoted $650. Can anyone do better than that??

John Boy

Reaction score
Well he went to J&R automotive in lloyd and got the DPF deleted and the efi live tune for light tow. All I can say is WOW!!!! What a difference in power. Now in want to put the efi live tune on my duramax. I've been quoted $650. Can anyone do better than that??

look at Coopers Custom Solutions out of Edmonton. When I change up from my Mini Max in a month I'm going with him.

Top Bottom