2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pulled into town about an hour ago. roads from hinton to valemount are awesome. roads from edmonton to hinton are good in the right lane. Left lane is a little sketchy if you are going to pass someone. not sure where were riding tomorrow yet.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to Vale early Friday following my youngest grad pics. Appreciate the road condition update OP. We will pay heed to it.

dpf1983

Reaction score
Road Allen today and it was good lots of untouched snow up there not sure where we should ride tomorrow. What is Clemina like this week.

smurferdude

Reaction score
Yup like pslut said tagged a hidden fugger, made for an intersting ride out. Shoulda been carrying a sign saying left turn (or loop) only.

I cranked a lindmine up there a few weekends ago. Bent the left A arms up bad, snapped the lower A arm bolt going into the bulk head. Left ski was about 4 inchs further back then the right and at around a 15 degree angle off of the right ski as well. Not very fun riding the old trail down that day. :nono:

Spent a little more money and got the crome alloy A arm's this time, much lighter, well worth the extra money.

RMKKing

Reaction score
Road Allen today and it was good lots of untouched snow up there not sure where we should ride tomorrow. What is Clemina like this week.

Rode Clemina today, stayed in Morning Glory all day, lots of untouched/blown over stuff to play in. Blown pretty bare up top, but lots of fun in the trees and drifts. Some hidden rocks but not as many as last week, met the groomer on the way down so should be a quick ride in tomorrow. Not sure where we are going tomorrow, any updates on Chappel?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chappell was SICK today, quite a few riders, but clear skies and LOTS of fun left up there for tomorrow

AND WE ARE REGROOMING CHAPPELL AGAIN TONIGHT :d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as well as Allan and Clemina !

May post a pic or vid later

I have attached the full grooming update for your viewing pleasure !

Thanks for coming !:beer:

Attachments

• December 17.pdf
    158.9 KB · Views: 125
  • chappellsickpic dec17.jpg
    chappellsickpic dec17.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode chappel today. great snow all over. still some untouched in the more un common areas. it was nice to see the fokes at the booth checking to make sure everyone had there beacon on and it was working. Even on top of the checker the one fellow was walking around with a beacon and would check.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just rolled into Valemount from E-Town. Roads a bit sketchy to just past Edson. From there on, all clear. The skies also clear with a bright moon. You should find it to be an easy drive...

RMKKing

Reaction score
Chappell was SICK today, quite a few riders, but clear skies and LOTS of fun left up there for tomorrow

AND WE ARE REGROOMING CHAPPELL AGAIN TONIGHT :d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as well as Allan and Clemina !

May post a pic or vid later

I have attached the full grooming update for your viewing pleasure !

Thanks for coming !:beer:

Chappel it is for tomorrow then, thanks Curtis!

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode clemina today. Nailed a rock under the snow and mangled the a-arm. Then in morning glory one of the hills came down on a guy and buried him. He got dug out and seemed to be ok.

The picture is when we were probing for his sled.

Attachments

• IMG_0428.jpg
    IMG_0428.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 897

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yikes..

rode chappel today.

trail up and down was amazing. setup with the cold weather it will be good to go for a few days forsure.

chappel is getting a bit tracked out but..

found some great snow but it did involve some serious logging.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode clemina today. Nailed a rock under the snow and mangled the a-arm. Then in morning glory one of the hills came down on a guy and buried him. He got dug out and seemed to be ok.

Just received a phone call about this

Man that hill looks skinny, cant believe people were climbing on it:confused: usually you cannot see those car sized rocks at the bottom right.

Good on the group for being prepared and being able to get their buddy out, he owes you his life, good for you. i hope you can find the sled as I heard that did not go so well.

That being said, my crew found 13 people at Allan Creek today with no beacons and heard 13 different excuses:nono:. Lucky this was not one of them above or the story would be much different, ca mon guys! This was the worst day since we began checkin at the trailheads when we are able......

Last edited:

murdok

Reaction score

Man that hill looks skinny, cant believe people were climbing on it:confused: usually you cannot see those car sized rocks at the bottom right.

Good on the group for being prepared and being able to get their buddy out, he owes you his life, good for you. i hope you can find the sled as I heard that did not go so well.

That being said, my crew found 13 people at Allan Creek today with no beacons and heard 13 different excuses:nono:. Lucky this was not one of them above or the story would be much different, ca mon guys! This was the worst day since we began checkin at the trailheads when we are able......
found out that one guy in our party didn't have his beacon when we were already on the hill! Chewed him a new a$$. Told him thanks for not being able to find one or all of us if something was to happen. His excuse was he forgot it at the room. Man that pisses me off. Some guys just don't get it!

smurferdude

Reaction score

Geez that sends shivers down my spine. Good on the guy's for finding him and digging him out. Hope he bought all his buddies a cold beer that night. :beer: How long was he under?

smurferdude

Reaction score

13 people with no beacons. Good god guy's, if you can afford to buy the sled and haul you a$$ out to the mountians surely you can shell out a few hundred extra bucks for a beacon. It only has to by used once to pay for it's self. Next time it might be YOU, or YOUR friend buried. Think about it!!!

Curtis, you guy's still let them up without beacons?

Top Bottom