• DSC00534.jpg
    DSC00534.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 610
  • DSC00533.jpg
    DSC00533.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 624

COLBEE

Reaction score
what was the trail like at the bottom of allen? i heard it was a mud bog on saturday afternoon...

snoproflyboy

Reaction score
alpinehero...maybe we will have to have a beer together at the top on that weekend!! A few of us are heading down that weekend as well. Hopefully the snow conditions get a little better by then.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will also be there that weekend, wouldn't mind getting to meet some fellow snow and mudders:d

Curtis

Reaction score
Me and Summit1 just got home from Valemount. GREAT WEEKEND, bad day of sledding is better than a good day at work, but the sledding WASN'T bad!! :d

Friday we rode Allen, parked at km 3, trail was not good until km 6 or so, snow was max 3ft. The trial down was bad bad!!!

Saturday we rode Clemina, drove up to km 8ish, lots of snow on the trail from there, snow up top was ok, 3ish feet or so. Creek by the cabin was flowing and tough to cross, the trial up to the Alpine was rough, but once up was good. I feel bad for the guys who rode 6kms of dirt road down to the parking lot!!:confused:

p.s. I did ok at the Ducks Unlimited supper Saturday night as well!!!:beer::beer::beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you measure 3 feet or just guessing?

i stopped and looked at the allan trail. YIKES.

talked to the guys who parked in the clemina parking lot and rode at the car wash. there sleds didnt look to happy LOL

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple guys at the Best Western Saturday night said they wrecked their skis on a couple machines riding allan. One more week for me, then we'll give it a try. It's raining here tonight in town, so it may be fresh up top, but the trail will likely be washed clean for several kms.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a motorized restriction on allan to protect the alpine, i will check into the exact legalities, but as far as i know no one has gotten into heat from driving from 1-3km up the main trail...........like i said i will look into in on monday, but hopefully by then, we will not have to worry about it

hey Curtis will you beable to get some info about driving up trail,unless u think it'll be good by the weekend,because u know guys will be up there checking things out,thanks alot much appreciated

Curtis

Reaction score
did you measure 3 feet or just guessing?

i stopped and looked at the allan trail. YIKES.

talked to the guys who parked in the clemina parking lot and rode at the car wash. there sleds didnt look to happy LOL

Like i said MAX MAX 3ft at Allen, no did measure it, just looking behind me as i climbed, looked to be around there. The next day at Clemina, was more snow than Allen, but still tossing out salad out the back of the sled climbing hills!! BRAAAAAP

When we were driving down Climina, in the truck, we were watching the guys tracks who parked in the parking lot, they drove down the highway from the access road to the parking lot....sleds wouldn't be to happy your right!!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey Curtis will you beable to get some info about driving up trail,unless u think it'll be good by the weekend,because u know guys will be up there checking things out,thanks alot much appreciated

sorry, i had some other serious issues to deal with today and ended haveing to head up a trail in the pouring rain, unless we get some lower valley snow checking out is all they will be doing.....its pouring rain here and raining up to 14km up the chappell trail, so as of 4pm the snowline has not come down far and it needs to get colder........

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FINALLY the rain has turned to SNOW down in the Valley BOTTOM:d

I will post a pic in the morning if it amounts to anything. If it keeps snowing like this for a day or two, we will be GOOD TO GO !

Please call me during normal office hours ANYTIME at 2505664817 for direct information. Im in the field lots, but wil return any calls asap!

Top Bottom