2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

kamo kitty

Reaction score
Hey Curtis, you seem like a good reliable source to ask... we were pretty much set on coming up on the weekend of the 11th and just wondering if possible right now to get up to allen? we know the trail might be the sh$ts but can a guy drive up a bit if need be? you said the alpine has been gettin "hammered" so hopefully ok once up. Thanks Bud!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Curtis, you seem like a good reliable source to ask... we were pretty much set on coming up on the weekend of the 11th and just wondering if possible right now to get up to allen? we know the trail might be the sh$ts but can a guy drive up a bit if need be? you said the alpine has been gettin "hammered" so hopefully ok once up. Thanks Bud!!

ill let curtis give you the most up to date conditions. i only know from sunday.

but you can not drive up the allan creek trail. one reason being there is NO room to turn around. another reason is it does not gain any elevation in the section you "could" drive up if it wasnt illegal LOL.

i will tell you this. if it snowed 3 feet this week in the alpine you would have a good time. if not you would be just touring around.

if the trail has a skiff in the lower sections it is dooable. if it doesnt even have a skiff it will be narsty.

last weekend there was about 5cm for the first 4km. i would do it again.

kamo kitty

Reaction score
Thanks Maxwell! I didn't really think possible to drive up that trail so hopefully they even get a skiff like you said then it will be ok. Do you know if anywhere else is doable this early? keyhole, clemina, chappell etc? preciate ittt!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in my opinion no. since there isnt much snow you cant go between any trees because of deadfall and stumps..

clemina you can drive up a ways but the trail doesnt gain enough elevation and also the cutblocks are impassible unless there is enough cover.

chappel..maybe..

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out the pic i scooped of the web cam a couple days ago.

Attachments

• webcam.jpg
    webcam.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 817

Curtis

Reaction score
Well we are coming up this weekend to ride, the only thing that is guaranteed, cold beer and stiff rumzzz!!! BRAAAAAAP

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, please check out here for my update and pics
Grooming / Area Updates - Valemount Area Recreation Development Association

weather

that being said, Sean is more daring than i, those boulders are very large and I for one will NOT be riding rememberance day for the first time in SEVEN years unless it snows HUGE in the next two days.

Some of you may be more hardcore than I, but I have to draw the line somewhere and riding boulders for 5km is it.

Sorry for the brutal honesty, but I hope its appreciated

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Curtis it is appreciated. I am watching daily and as soon as there is enough snow I am there. I rode on the 12 of Nov last year and it was awesome. I got all my info off this site to make the decision to go. And again I will wait for the info I want to be comforatable with before I go. But everyone has to realize if you ride before mid Dec there is a very high risk of land mines. It is deep bottomless powder which we all love. And here i am waiting.

alpinehero

Reaction score
nice cam pic i heard about that ski hill for the past couple years whats going on with it and when are they planning to be done it or did they run into some problems and i still cant wait to rip on the hills on the 2nd :firefire:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
nice cam pic i heard about that ski hill for the past couple years whats going on with it and when are they planning to be done it or did they run into some problems and i still cant wait to rip on the hills on the 2nd :firefire:

Guy who I'm renting the cabin from at christmas said it will be open next winter 11/12

alpinehero

Reaction score
well thats good for valemount but id rather be sledding haha my body gets sore after biffing it to many times on a snowboard so sledding all the way for this guy :d

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well thats good for valemount but id rather be sledding haha my body gets sore after biffing it to many times on a snowboard so sledding all the way for this guy :d

im working the project for the Hill, we ran into a hiccup with access and now require at 75' bridge and we are working on logistics and funding. Everything else seems to be in place regarding the land use and we have funding to begin the first phase of access trail and run work once the bridge is figured out.

Yellowhead Helicopters has just donated $2000 towards the bridge project and we are anxiously awaiting other sources of sponsorship or a potential bridge/steel donation. For any inquires please contact me at varda@valmeount.ca

If all goes well, we will be online with the first phase in winter 2011/12
thanks.

PS, PLEASE PREY FOR SNOW:rant:
c

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last year i was there on the 11th. and we drove up the the frist switch back and unloded.. tyler and i.. and we got up. but it wasnt fun.. ill say that.. got to the top and my sled was ackiting funny and wasnt much snow.

then next day got my part for my sled. and there was 9inch in the parking lot.. so rode up form them.. and was epic day on the hill to about 7 of us. the turbo worked like a dream that day with the bottomless pow!!.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last year i was there on the 11th. and we drove up the the frist switch back and unloded.. tyler and i.. and we got up. but it wasnt fun.. ill say that.. got to the top and my sled was ackiting funny and wasnt much snow.

then next day got my part for my sled. and there was 9inch in the parking lot.. so rode up form them.. and was epic day on the hill to about 7 of us. the turbo worked like a dream that day with the bottomless pow!!.

first switch ? you mean 3km junction ?

alpinehero

Reaction score
im a welder u put it up in the winter and ill come lay some beads haha and sled on my days off that would be a dream haha work and sled hope all goes well

Top Bottom