2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks or the update. Maxwell fixed my sled & Doc got ride of the parts i didn,t need and I am ready to ride this wkend. I am sure Maxwell will post some pics as you enjoy the beer at the wedding.

Thought his wifey (t-team) was making him stay home this weekend ?:eek:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopfully sledding out weights partying. Do you think the new snow will help the trail from the 8 Km offload from last wkend.

unfortunately no:( I believe it will have only produced a bit more gravel

but that is strictly speculation and its only gravel;)

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode clemina Saturday may 21 and drove to km 7.5 unloaded and road 2km of gravel after the little patch of snow at 7.5km. The creek crossings where falling in but the snow was decent for may. Heard a couple of big slides got pics of one in the valley not far from the cabin. Perfect day to tour and take pics.

Attachments

• clemina may 2011 025.jpg
    clemina may 2011 025.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 452
  • clemina may 2011 003.jpg
    clemina may 2011 003.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 449
  • clemina may 2011 067.jpg
    clemina may 2011 067.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 445
  • clemina may 2011 002.jpg
    clemina may 2011 002.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 453
  • clemina may 2011 055.jpg
    clemina may 2011 055.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 447

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics treedragon. Leaving Thursday still worth it u think? I'm not afraid of a little gravel.

I think by Thursday you'll be able to drive a lot further than km 7.5, but everything is going to start coming down and there not going to be small ones, if you do go use caution. Definitely spring riding by the afternoon the snow softened up nicely for some nice jumps and carving but watch the creek crossings if there's any left 3 fell in while we were there.:beer::beer::beer::beer::d:d:d:d

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone going for a last ride this week the rain finished all my work for a few days.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone going for a last ride this week the rain finished all my work for a few days.[/QU

I hope to head out on Thursday to dig up the beacon training park before the porkys get it, but its not confirmed yet. Should only take a couple of hours, but am just trying to confirm availability my staff member. Hopefully will know by later today

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you guys just ride Climena this time of year, best snow ,best access, best all around?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, clemina is really your only access. I am heading out tomorrow just to dig out the beacon park, but will bring back some updates of accesss

You WILL be riding some gravel, but the snowpack up top is still quite deep and the spring riding is great. Even on less snow years, we still riding into June in the Clemina area. Anyone willing to lend a hand shoveling tomorrow would be WELCOMED:d

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ill be heading out on sat also for a last ride, have some tuning to do before the turbo goes to sleep for the summer, see you up there.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well heres some great news.

The access to clemina is awesome ! We parked at about 12-12.5km and basically had complete snow cover from there on. A few patchy feet for the first little bit, then smooth sailing. We did not ride though:( simply dug out the training park. Ran into Burnt Toast and friend, good to meet you both:beer:

Just from looking around, its melting very quick up there and the snow is SOFT!, but looks to be great for this weekend anyway:d

Top Bottom