2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

scafer53

Reaction score
Hey Curtis. Since no one else will I am going to man up. My group did end up going down the main trail on Saturday. We were following a group of 4 down and I didn't realize it until we were coming down the big switchback. I want to apologize big time!! I am not the type of person to go breaking rules on purpose. I am a frequent user on s and m and read about this stuff all the time but I don't want to be labeled as one who f***s things up for others. I can tell u alot of ppl did it! We even heard bout it at the hotel. I just wanted to admit it cause I really do feel guilty. We all appreciate what you do so much! None the less great weekend!!! Found awesome snow towards back of Allen but deff need more

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Curtis. Since no one else will I am going to man up. My group did end up going down the main trail on Saturday. We were following a group of 4 down and I didn't realize it until we were coming down the big switchback. I want to apologize big time!! I am not the type of person to go breaking rules on purpose. I am a frequent user on s and m and read about this stuff all the time but I don't want to be labeled as one who f***s things up for others. I can tell u alot of ppl did it! We even heard bout it at the hotel. I just wanted to admit it cause I really do feel guilty. We all appreciate what you do so much! None the less great weekend!!! Found awesome snow towards back of Allen but deff need more

appreciated, thanks for the honesty, but didnt the rope that you had to go under with a no snowmobiling sign and an arrow pointing in the other direction give you any idea ? If it didnt, im just not sure what to do anymore? I give up

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
appreciated, thanks for the honesty, but didnt the rope that you had to go under with a no snowmobiling sign and an arrow pointing in the other direction give you any idea ? If it didnt, im just not sure what to do anymore? I give up

we will take care of it in the spring. i have a nice welder and alot of steel :eek:

scafer53

Reaction score
I don't remember having to go under a rope and I was defiantly sober. But I'm not making excuses I f***ed up that's it thas all. And going thru those trees was ridiculous! A 4 foot drop into trees, no thanks. Take a little ice anytime. Also a big thanks to the guys who joined us for a hour helping people up the ice hill on Saturday good to see sledders helping sledders:d

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't remember having to go under a rope and I was defiantly sober. But I'm not making excuses I f***ed up that's it thas all. And going thru those trees was ridiculous! A 4 foot drop into trees, no thanks. Take a little ice anytime. Also a big thanks to the guys who joined us for a hour helping people up the ice hill on Saturday good to see sledders helping sledders:d

the rope is right at the new/old trail junction on the way down. It would have taken ur head off. Was intact today, but maybe a good sledder hung it back up for us if it was torn down when you went through, but it looked ok to me.......i actually took a video of what you guys had to go over could not believe people took a sled over it.......poor sleds. again, thanks for the honesty

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im getting terrible at taking pictures. i was just having way to much fun this weekend.

ill try and edit a video for tommorow.

2 BLUEBIRD DAYS not a cloud in the sky. enough snow to have a good time. yep were a little low still on snow but cant beat the sunshine..makes it easy to dodge the rocks.

the new camo extreme is getting me into alot of trouble..

comign down the trail at dusk. one of the coolest things ive seen

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im getting terrible at taking pictures. i was just having way to much fun this weekend.

2 BLUEBIRD DAYS not a cloud in the sky. enough snow to have a good time. yep were a little low still on snow but cant beat the sunshine..makes it easy to dodge the rocks.

cool pics!!!! thanks:beer:!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Look at that u even got me in the pic in that god awful creek, burgandy jacket and klim pack and we had the tow rope awesome bluebird day up top though:d

Sledneck911

Reaction score
I rode Allan on Friday and the trail was clearly mark with the rope and sign on it! Sure the trail was icy on the way down but if your too scared to ride down on a little ice don't go up!!! :nono:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We tried allan on sunday and after sliding down the ice a couple times and seeing the rocks on the willow way we just turned round and headed back a little early:d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the detour around the ice wasnt that bad. bombed my new track up there no damage.

just had to back down into the corner on the first switchback. then you could pretty much crawl up it.

i think we were the last group up on sunday. great day

ridndirty

Reaction score
Awesome pictures Maxwell. We rode Cappell on friday, 3 dads and 5 boys under 14. Lots of stucks, but many, many more smiles. Still cant believe that none of us stuck a ski under the ice on that creek crossing. When we got down to the truck @ 7:30, my son realized that his pack had opened up on the trail. Lost his shovel handle, probe, gloves and toque. If anybody found any of his stuff, he would sure appreciate a PM.:beer:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we figured the way around the ice was dooable but after chappel saturday we were pretty beat up and ready to head back. My dad had to go all the way back to saskatoon that day as well so we just said screw it, plenty of season left:d

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is some weekend pics

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 826
  • cd.jpg
    cd.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 813
  • chappel.jpg
    chappel.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 819
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 813
  • chappel1.jpg
    chappel1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 809

Braaap

Reaction score
Rode Allan on Friday didn't see any gates on the trail? Just a rope at the bottom and top closing off the portion of the trail for the groomer. The 'old' trail was in alright condition going up.. coming down was a little sketchy, missed the path you made Curtis to avoid those icy switchbacks.. was a bit of a rodeo through that part! Snow was good where you could find it not ridden out. (don't know names.. about 4 drops back there was ample of it friday)

Clemina on Saturday.. Definitely appreciated the attempt to groom.. Really did help out a lot as we went back on Sunday and the trail was much worse. Snow was really good past goat ridge.. looked like nobody had been there all year. Sunday went into Morning glory, met a guy on the way down hit a rock and blew his Rad. Lots and lots of rocks there.. Untouched though in places, just to scared to do much then putts around!

Heavy snowfall is needed for next weekend to be powdery!

RMKKing

Reaction score
Rode Chappel today. Wow. The trail really needs more snow so the groomer can be put to use. The last creek is still flowing hard and pretty iced up, the entire trail up is POUNDED. The snow on top was great, with plenty untouched, there are rocks everywhere but thats early season riding. Site wont let me upload pics though.:mad: Going to Clemina tomorrow, explore around Goat Ridge hopefully. Cheers. :beer:

Top Bottom