2010/2011 Sicamous (Eagle Valley) Updates

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Was up Queest yesterday (Sunday)! Able to dump off at 2.5k - some went higher. The trail is in pretty good shape for November. We stayed mostly around the tower areas playing in the powder:d and doing a little climbing but you had to watch out for snags. Quite a few others went up to North Queest and had a good time. There seems to be lots of snow but not a good solid base yet. As I write this, the snow is falling again - should be another good weekend.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so any new update on snow conditions - going out after christmas :)

sicamous

Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Spent today (Saturday) up at Blue Lake. We parked around 2k(nobody above us) but you can prark at the 1.5k lot or the bottom without much problem. Severe clear day with lots of powder that we tried to mark up as much as possible. The snow is set up much better then last weekend but the trail is getting very rough. I hear that limited grooming may start soon. Keep an eye out for obstalcles lurking beneath the depths - the season is still early!

I Dare Ya Rene!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eaglevalleymarine.com
The boys at the lodge had some great pow today! Cheers, Rene.

Attachments

• DSC00806 (Medium).jpg
    DSC00806 (Medium).jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 916
  • DSC00812 (Large).jpg
    DSC00812 (Large).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 917

tmurphy

Reaction score
and they wear like butter on pavement on a 40 degree day! 11000km and they were bald!!!

11000KM and bald!! Come on, lets be realistic! I just put a set of Duratracs on this week. Sure hope your exaggerating!!

MR4WD

Reaction score
11000KM and bald!! Come on, lets be realistic! I just put a set of Duratracs on this week. Sure hope your exaggerating!!

He is. I make 660 horse with my truck and drive it like it's stolen. About 40,000 on em, lots of towing, hauling etc. Backs are toast, fronts are getting rotated back and new ones installed on days off. I run 285's on 9 inch rims. Air down for snow, air up for the highway.. common sense stuff.

These tires grab like velcro on snow!!

Rene, if you want better traction and big wide tires, buy chains!

Chad.

kellyc_24

Reaction score
Hey thinking of driving down from Edmonton to ride Blue Lake or Owlhead this weekend. Anyone been out there lately for a snow/rock report?

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he is. I make 660 horse with my truck and drive it like it's stolen. About 40,000 on em, lots of towing, hauling etc. Backs are toast, fronts are getting rotated back and new ones installed on days off. I run 285's on 9 inch rims. Air down for snow, air up for the highway.. Common sense stuff.

These tires grab like velcro on snow!!

Rene, if you want better traction and big wide tires, buy chains!

Chad.

i run a tire shop and i sold lots to my fleet accounts and 3-4 months later they were back putting new tires on again. The truck that got 11000km on them was a duramax. The others were f350's. Hey it doesnt matter to me what you buy. Id be glad to sell them to ya, no skin off my back. And airing down does nothing for snow traction. And for hwy you run air lower. If ya really want me to explain why. Id be happy to.

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ditto... Where??

Any word on Hunter's Range?

Went to hunters range on monday and staged at the ashton/brass trailhead. Didnt make it far up the trail before one of my sleds craped out on me and had to tow it back. Doesnt look like they've had anymore snow since the week before when i was there.

Im assuming the trail is still pounded out, since i doubt there is enough snow to groom. Hopefully they will get some precipitation this week then things im sure will be better, keep in mind there was still 3 ft of snow up by the first chalet.

happy trails! :beer:

sicamous

Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Hey folks, just a note to let you know that grooming has started at Blue Lake. We have had lots of precip in the valley over the last 2 days with more to come so there should be lots of fresh up high.

Just a reminder that if you are interested in a season pass for the Eagle Valley Snowmobile Club in Sicamous(covers Owlhead, Queest, Blue Lake and Eagle Pass), the early bird pricing ends on Dec. 15th, see all the info atHome Page

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rene were did you find that good stuff at owlshead? we were up there on the 7 and found nothing but tracks,tracks,and more tracks you lucky bugger looked good in your pics thanks for those rene

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Blue and Owl's this weekend...Sunday was abosolutely epic!

Blue was groomed but needed more snow, it got it Saturday night!

Owl's was awesome on Sunday, stagged from the bottom. Was groomed I think I Friday but will all the fresh on top it was really good. There are still a few landmines along the trail in. It was a toss up, couldn't decide between Owl's and Queest. We weren't disapointed.

Still need more snow, but the fresh powder on Sunday was worth it.

IMG_1926.jpg

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a sled in that pic some where.... right??? LOL great pic buddy!!!! life doesnt get any better than that!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup you can barely see my handlebars and the tip of a ski poking out of the front...anytime you are gettin stuck going down hill, its a good day! :beer:

Top Bottom