2010/2011 Sicamous (Eagle Valley) Updates

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
There is fresh snow this morning on the hills around town. The Snowmobile Club and Grooming Society are getting prepared for a great season. Hope to see you up on the hills!

sicamous

Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
My First Ride of the season up to Blue Lake on Sunday! Unloaded at 14k and spent some time on a rough trail with lots of obtacles and open creeks. The trail improved a couple clicks above Cummins Lake. There was about 2 feet at the cabin and 3 on the ridges. We spent lots of time in the meadows and mild slopes. More snow is coming so things should improve daily - and, I've had my first ride!!(Did I already mention that??)

I Dare Ya Rene!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eaglevalleymarine.com
Went for a drive up Owlhead today,checking out snow for edmonton boys coming to the Lodge this weekend. Snowline was at 9km(3000 ft), was not a good 6 inches till about 14 km. Took Cougar Bridge Trail to the last log block and there was only 10 inches (6000 ft). Turned around and went 2km past where groomer leaves main road and the snow was deeper( bout 16 inches at 5500 ft). That was as far as I could get with the wide tires, man they are terrible in deeper snow. I would guess there is about 2 feet at chalet( 4 feet last year at this same date!) but we are supposed to get more in the next 2 days! Yeehaw!
Was nice just to get away from the rain and see some untouched powder, I am sure by this weekend you could have a blast in the meadows. Oh yeah , at 4pm it was -5 degrees up there. Cheers, Rene.

Attachments

• rene 201.jpg
    rene 201.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 2,510
  • rene 195.jpg
    rene 195.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 2,461

I Dare Ya Rene!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
First picture is Superbowl, Lookout and Avy Hill. Second picture was as far as my wide tires would take me! It is too bad God didn't have a hand in the design of tires, seems the taller a tire is, the fatter it gets!!!
I have went to 3 tire shops and none can find a narrow 35 inch snow tire. Anyone know of some? Cheers, Rene.

Second pic is the small lake below waterfall at Eagles( Pincher Lake). Was in there in Sept., beautiful but the biting flies were unreal. Cheers, Rene.

Attachments

• rene 197.jpg
    rene 197.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,473
  • rene 103.jpg
    rene 103.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 2,478

Hurricane

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of 35"goodyear duratracs, suppose to be pretty good compared to my 35" procomp muds. Will let you know next week.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates Rene, Justin and Parker(Pine Lk) will be up for Sat and we'll be joining up for Mon, please leave at least a taste of untracked for us late comers:beer:.

I Dare Ya Rene!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
It rained all night and this morning. I bet it snowed another foot up top. I love the rain, here is Jay moving boats today , you can see the snowline from last night! RS

Attachments

• IMG_1653 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1653 (Small).JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,225

CB1

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of 35"goodyear duratracs, suppose to be pretty good compared to my 35" procomp muds. Will let you know next week.

I ran Good Year Duratracs last winter, TERRIBLE, my BFG M/T KM2 were twice the tire. The duratrac is the slipperiest tire I have run in a long time. They are Cheap for a reason!

the450kid

Reaction score
we were just looking into a set of those duratracs. I have nitto trail grapplers, the wind blew me off the highway yesterday... what is a decent tire out there? i dont mind paying but its gotta work. tired of paying for junk!

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody going riding in the sicamous area that wouldn't mind showing a newbie to the area around a little bit?... Seems to be some snow now and wouldn't mind gettin out for a ride sat or sun!

Thanks!

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were just looking into a set of those duratracs. I have nitto trail grapplers, the wind blew me off the highway yesterday... what is a decent tire out there? i dont mind paying but its gotta work. tired of paying for junk!

Skinny tires may not look cool,but sure work in the winter.I run 235 85 16's.Better traction,mileage and noise level.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran Good Year Duratracs last winter, TERRIBLE, my BFG M/T KM2 were twice the tire. The duratrac is the slipperiest tire I have run in a long time. They are Cheap for a reason!

and they wear like butter on pavement on a 40 degree day! 11000km and they were bald!!!

I Dare Ya Rene!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Just got back from Owlhead. Unloaded at 10 km, nobody had been past Chalet. Webt over Skinny and down on Morton lake. Went back to Video Bowl and Downaround bowl. It was a blast, found lots of pow. 4-5 feet with good base, still have to really watch for rocks. Team Newfie has the pics and they are still up there cookin smokies! Cheers, Rene.

Attachments

• DSCF0466 (Medium).jpg
    DSCF0466 (Medium).jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,500
Last edited:

sicamous

Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
It's been snowing steady all night with a few inches accumulating in Sicamous over night with more in the forecast! Should be a good weekend for early sledding.

When I was up sledding at Blue Lake two weeks ago, it occurred to me that those early season diehards who come out before the grooming season starts deserve a little break on their rooms. check out our website below for the details!

Hope to see you up in the hills!

Top Bottom