2009 polaris assault

Nick_6

Reaction score
Hi
Im looking at getting a 09 polaris assault it's got about 1200km has a year or 2 warranty left and there asking $7400. Sound like a good deal? It also has all the 2010 updates. I'm going in to look at it is there anything I should ask about. How easy are they to throw around I'm coming off an m series are they similar?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last year this weekend, I bought a brand new 2010 Dragon. 0 miles, and full 2 year factory warranty. I paid $7500 +GST
I would say that the price is a little high, imho
I like the IQ chassis, it is very easy to throw around

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those sleds have terrible motors. Its not a matter of if it blows up, its when. There is a "fix" for the motor and i'm sure someone on here will chime in with some details.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the 2010 updates are done, there shouldn't be any problems. Same motor what the Pro's have in them!!!

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the 2010's were bad as well.

Yep the 10's are bad as well.They have thicker skirts on the cyl and that's all.Put the fix kit in and have it reflashed to the 08 map and they work alot better.The Pro's only have 2 injectors and different mapping,basic engine is the same but they are different motors.

Kelly

Reaction score
If you are going from an M series sled to one of those trenching pos's I believe you will be very dissapointed. Have ridden with a few stock Assualts and they will go nowhere an M or Summit will.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I think it is a little pricey, ditch bangin and spring snow the Assualt track is great but if you plan on any amount of powder riding you will end up changing it out and you really should do the fix kit ($1000.00 roughly for both) then you are good to go..

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Price is a bit high but assaults are a fun sled for sure. The suspension is great and being adjustable makes it even better. As said the competition track is better suited for hard pack and spring time snow but I ripped mine last year with the comp track in early season bottomless pow without any issues. With that being said though I do plan on switching to a better, lighter track as I would like a bit more flotation.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those sleds have terrible motors. Its not a matter of if it blows up, its when. There is a "fix" for the motor and i'm sure someone on here will chime in with some details.

All sled blow up at some
Point in time... These just usually do it a bit earlier then most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The motors in the iq chassis were the worst. They had 4 injectors and when running in your midrange power band they'd lean themselves out and that was it.. switching back to 2 injectors was a good move by polaris

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have one, i love it, but yes i have had way to many issues for its life span(1500 miles or so) it runs like a tank now,

you will need a fix kit and programmer(PCV),

price is a little steep if the thing is stock,

goldfinger

Reaction score
Price is to high IMO. Had a 09 dragon and sold 2years ago for 7g with all xtras and was happy to get that. Good luck

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PCV (power command 5) is an electronic fuel controller, they are around $500.00

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep the 10's are bad as well.They have thicker skirts on the cyl and that's all.Put the fix kit in and have it reflashed to the 08 map and they work alot better.The Pro's only have 2 injectors and different mapping,basic engine is the same but they are different motors.

HUH???? :confused:

Top Bottom