2009 Harvest

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for all of you farmers out there lets have an update...how are things going, crops running out better than expected etc. etc. I know that our barley totally amazed us with yeld and lb's per bushel:d:d

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya very suprised with the wheat so far. canola's going to be green for awhile tho

jdkzrt

Reaction score
Testing some combine components west of Winnipeg this week. Picked up canola @ 65 bu/acre and wheat at 75 bu/acre.
Everyone was shocked considering the year (rain and cool) weather they've had this summer.
We were using 595 Lexions --- pretty damn impressive machines...... huuuuuuugge capacity.

saskboy

Reaction score
yields are a bit better than average but nothing to get to reved about! some 22 bushel lentils with a bit of mold in em. i guess there is such a thing as too much rain, got into some barley the other day and not busheling much better than last year considering the rain and cooler than average summer but the pro is low and the weight is up so lets hope it makes beer.

hashbrowns

Reaction score
well considerin you guys all got to much rain... well we got no rain and hot weather and our canola ran 35-40 and wheat ran around 65 so we had a not to bad year by the way the weather was... then we still did 5000 acers in 21 days with swathin.. 9870 and cr 9070 so pretty big machines

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Crops faired well around here where they got rain, Other than that the hoppers :eek: did Exceptionally Well !

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Harvest yeilds were good, for only a couple of inches rain. Finshed last night, feel great to be done.

Hpe for the price of grain to come up to pay for the inputs now.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
helped my nephew with his harvesting drove truck for 4 days hauled over 15000 bushels what he thought was going to be a bad year yealded fair to good

country_shorty88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Family just got theirs off last Thursday not the best crop they have ever had but certainly not the worst.

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
Well not all is great in MB. The interlake (north of Wpg between the lakes) only seeded about 30% and are still not able to work all of the unseeded acres. Yields poor, canola 30, wheat 50, poor portien. east of WPG fair to good. Canola 40 wheat 60, oats 80-100. soybeans very poor. legumes in MB very poor with grass crop average to above.

Top Bottom