2009 700 Grizzly Snorkel and Rad relocate?

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at snorkeling and relocating the rad so she's good to go in the deep ch!t anyone have any Tips/Pics or info on what's good/bad/doesn't work would be very appreciated:help:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are lots of threads with pictures and instructions on HL and GC.

Yup, for snorkels, search around and build your own. They're actually really easy to do yourself for the grizz if you use that plastic vacume hose. You'll see what I mean one you start googling. The hardest part is coming up with a way to connect to the belt intake and exhaust, but even that isn't that bad if you google what other people have done. I started out by buying a Performance ATV snorkel kit which I ended up throwing in the garbage - the only parts I kept were the fernco rubber preassure fittings for the belt intake and exhaust. For everything else, I just used 1.5" PCV fittings and epoxied the vac hose into them. It looks al ittle intimidating cuttijng up your air box lid, but it's really not very hard - just take your time and make sure you don't remove too much material. Even if you buy a kit, you'll want to do yourself a favor and make sure you put threaded joints where the pipes come through the hood so you can take the hood off easily.

As for the rad relocation, they're not much more than a bracket and a couple pieces of hose, so some of the more savy people make their own brackets and just buy hose from Greg's Distributors. There's a few kits out there for the Grizz like Highlifter, Gorilla, and Wild Boar. I kinda liked the Wild Boar design and hadn't seen that many of them out there, so that's what I went with. However, if I'm not mistaken, the Highlifter ones use the heaviest guage metal (I could be wrong, you'll have to check around to be sure). The install is pretty easy, but sliding the rad out is a bit of a PITA. Make sure you take the fan off before trying to slide it out!

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, for snorkels, search around and build your own. They're actually really easy to do yourself for the grizz if you use that plastic vacume hose. You'll see what I mean one you start googling. The hardest part is coming up with a way to connect to the belt intake and exhaust, but even that isn't that bad if you google what other people have done. I started out by buying a Performance ATV snorkel kit which I ended up throwing in the garbage - the only parts I kept were the fernco rubber preassure fittings for the belt intake and exhaust. For everything else, I just used 1.5" PCV fittings and epoxied the vac hose into them. It looks al ittle intimidating cuttijng up your air box lid, but it's really not very hard - just take your time and make sure you don't remove too much material. Even if you buy a kit, you'll want to do yourself a favor and make sure you put threaded joints where the pipes come through the hood so you can take the hood off easily.

As for the rad relocation, they're not much more than a bracket and a couple pieces of hose, so some of the more savy people make their own brackets and just buy hose from Greg's Distributors. There's a few kits out there for the Grizz like Highlifter, Gorilla, and Wild Boar. I kinda liked the Wild Boar design and hadn't seen that many of them out there, so that's what I went with. However, if I'm not mistaken, the Highlifter ones use the heaviest guage metal (I could be wrong, you'll have to check around to be sure). The install is pretty easy, but sliding the rad out is a bit of a PITA. Make sure you take the fan off before trying to slide it out!
Thanks for the info I think I'll build my own just from what I've been reading, and the only reason I decided to do this was cause my head gasket went so she's in pieces and everything is easy to get to also after I removed the air intake she seemed to wake up a bit so i hope this improves the performance

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's probably not likely that you'll get better ait flow with the snorkels on. Maybe if you go 2" instead of 1.5" and do the hanger mod. I've seen a few people run a large pipe straight up from the airbox, which looks like it would definately do the trick, but who wants a big pipe between their legs - looks like a high pitched voice wiating to happen. Unfortunately, my quad's not running yet, so I haven't been able to confirm air flow on my setup yet.

As soon as I figure out my electrical issues and get my machine running, I'll try to post my AFR results with the factory fuel map and stock air box, with snorkels on, and then with snorkels and hanger mod.

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know as there's no way i can bring the intake up straight from the air box as i like my boy's and my kids often cruise in the front of me when going for fire wood, I think I'll try the 2" route and see how that works. It can't be any worse than the dirty ass air filter I pulled out of the air box, I'm surprised she even ran with the layer of mud on that bad boy.

Top Bottom