2008 Suzuki Kingquad 450 upgrades?

HGkingquad450

Reaction score
Just got a Kingquad 450 and I want some upgrades but I dont know which ones to get. I have about a thousand to spend. I'm thinking about bumpers and exhaust but what do you guys think?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bumpers are good, lift would be better than an exhaust, exhaust very rarely gets anywhere near the numbers they advertise, but generally they are lighter.

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you still have the stock paper air filter in it upgrade that ASAP. They are known to let dirt by into the throttle body.

I would then say upgrade the tires first if they aren't yet. Riding style/terrain will dictate what tires you may want to look at.

Also highly recommend doing some clutch work. You can shim the primary for like $10 or have it machined. You can also lighten up the primary roller weights to get more throttle response.

Bumpers are nice as well. I like the moose/HD ones personally

I have an 09 that I am selling at the moment that has many mods done to it. If you have any other questions about the mods just ask.
it goes pretty good for a 450:
25" maxxis zilla+ tires (1-1/8" lugs)
VDI ECU
#3+ & 0.5mm shim (machined and shimmed clutch) 20g EPI clutch weights
Yoshi TRS pipe
HID headlights
TTO Temp gauge
UNI foam air filter
3000lb winch
ricochet a-arm guards
gel grips and x force handguards

Last edited:

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a used VDI for sale, took it off for Winter riding as they can be hard to start in the cold and then the quad got stolen, will let go for any reasonable price. it was on a 2007 450 so should have the same connections. PM me if interested. It will bring the bottom end power on your machine to life.

do the clutch shim, it is really easy and cheap to do with only a marginal loss of top end speed

Top Bottom