2008 Ski Doo Xp Updates

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from BRP meeting on the 2008 summit XP'S and as usual ski doo is standing behind there product.There are going to replace all drive shafts at free of charge and if yours has been done already there going to change them again,just to make sure you have the 2009 drive shaft.Also at the same time they will update the chain case cover bolts , as well as they should be putting new rivets in the bulk head when the drive shaft is out.They will leave the stock ones in and drill new holes and add heavier rivets.Also I suggest you get your unit in before warranty is up as there is a few things they will cover up to when the warranty ends.Such as if your oil tank leaks,if your coolant tank leaks,if your recoil rope is fraying at the top,rerouting a coolant hose and some wires that are rubbing on a rivet.:d

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the update will get it in soon. I remember you told me but didn`t want to post untill it was a sure thing. Thanks for the headsup. Doo always stands behind their products... I`m glad I bought my sled in Canada

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
I'm assuming all the dealers have been notified of this? Do you just take it to where you bought it from? Thinking about taking ours in tomorrow.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call your dealer first there is a very limited amount of drive shafts.All mountain sled selling dealers are suppost to get the drive shafts before the flat landers.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update will get it in soon. I remember you told me but didn`t want to post untill it was a sure thing. Thanks for the headsup. Doo always stands behind their products... I`m glad I bought my sled in Canada

I can't decide if Glen is just being patriotic here or not......:):)

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
So Friday we took it into the dealer we bought it from. They went to BRP's website and said that nothing except the hand warmers had been released. They hadn't heard anything about this. We left it there to get the hand warmers fixed, and if they get an update they will let us know.

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
I stop in to Martin Equipment on Sat and they said it wasn`t official yet. BRP is talking about it...

It was Martin Equipment that wee took ours to also. They said they knew nothing about it. When do you think all the info will be released?

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now they just need to give us the updated clutching and were set!:)

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i remember when i told all of you guys about this and nobody would believe me and all the complaining i did to the dealers and they didnt believe me,so.........finally you people can get it fixed,next time maybe believe me next time i post something...,lol

Top Bottom