2008 Rev Xp Snow Check

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard this rumour, I cut and paste from dootalk...

QUOTE(sledwolf @ Oct 2 2007, 09:21 PM)
Well my last post on this topic was removed so let me try again. I talked with the Ut. area rep yesterday about delivery of my 2 163 x snow checks. To my suprise they havent even been built yet due to parts that BRP is waiting for. Best geuss from the rep is late Nov. I also found out that e-start will be on installed regaurdless of how you ordered your unit. No big deal right! well not so, add 20lbs and if you dont want it the dealer will have his after school help tear your new sled apart and remove it. The catch is after this you will need to wire ina d-cell batt to make all functions on you display work correctly and you will have extra controlls that do nothing at your service on the handle bars. No big deal right! theres more if you want all funtions as the advert stated you will spend another 150.00 to get the upgrades. No hand gaurds will be included as stated in the 08 x brochure to be standard. The funny thing is that after this I requested a track change from the lite to the powder max and was told no way unless i changed colors. It would change the assembly order. The bottom line is BRP will give you what they want and youll be happy to get it. I take responsibility for ordering the wrong track but I dont see BRP even stepping up and offering any consession on thier end. I also have a real problem with them not having the backbone to call the customers ahead of time, that put money down to get what they want and inform them of the problems. Instead the customer has to call them and pry it out of them. This would have been my first Skidoo and the idea that its here you go we built it like we wanted to and if you dont like it to bad says volumes about how my expeeriance with BRP looks to be. I also think its out of line to leave the customers high and dry that put money down to get what they want while they ship the new Eversts to show rooms for everone else that didnt. You cant bet that when they do show up they wont be the advertised 439lbs. Is it to much to expect the sled you ordered with the options advertised? Does anyone but me think BRP owes it to those that plunked the money down a fair shake when things are not as advertised. To think they wouldnt even offer to throw in a bone for the inconvienance make me wish I had put my $ with the competion. Comments????

throttle-up

Reaction score
Website
www.leekseeker.com
Well...FINALLY BRP shows the same colors as every other manufacture. From reading all the other posts I thought BRP was the end - all of sleds...Guess not!

I ordered a new polaris Dragon and was ALWAYS told that it wouldn't be in till Dec. There is not one manufacturer any better than the next when it comes to promises made to their customers. I do agree with out that it sucks that the snowcheck models are the last, when we put money down.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Time will tell but, lets not forget that the internet is a good way to start a rumor that maybe true or false or started by lets say another manufactuer tying to stir up the pot.:nono:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Well...FINALLY BRP shows the same colors as every other manufacture. From reading all the other posts I thought BRP was the end - all of sleds...Guess not!

I ordered a new polaris Dragon and was ALWAYS told that it wouldn't be in till Dec. There is not one manufacturer any better than the next when it comes to promises made to their customers. I do agree with out that it sucks that the snowcheck models are the last, when we put money down.

I have snowchecked 3 sleds, 1999,2002 & 2006. Picked up 99 in June, 2002 & 2006 in August..... But you say Dec for Dragon, Wow! That sucks. That egg glued to the hens arse ?!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
This topic has been beat to death on dootalk and no one has anything solid to back this up and it was removed from dootalk forum because it was it was causing histeria there, just wait and see.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did not post it to cause histeria. I was just wondering if anyone on this site had been told this. My brother who is the one who snow checked was told oct 15th now it's nov 1st maybe. So there is alot of changing info out there. But is this not the reason for this site....sharing info?

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes info sharing is what we want but lets get the facts straight. If its right as far as you know put it down but if you want to start rumors about something and get everyone all reved up please post that stuff on one of those other sites. We would like accurate info not something else.:nono: I`m not saying you are starting rumors or anything Overkill just saying about our site here

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
But is this not the reason for this site....sharing info?

NA, SLEDDERGLEN AND THE REST ARE JUST ANXIOUS TO GET THEIR NEW SLEDS.... I'VE SEEN GLEN DROOLING AT THE MOUTH AND MAKING A FUNNY GROWLING/EXHAUST TYPE NOISE(IMAGINING HE'S ON HIS NEW SLED).... NOT TO WORRY OVERKILL19. THIS IS A GOOD POINT OF INTEREST. I KNOW THEY KEEP MAKING IMPROVEMENTS AND MINOR CHANGES RIGHT UP TO THE POINT OF MANUFACTURING, SO SOMETIMES DELAYS IN PRODUCTION ARE MINOR CHANGES/UPDATES IN THE SLED. ALSO SHIPPING HAS BEEN A PROBLEM WITH SEVERAL SMALL "STRIKES" WITH DIFFERENT TRANSPORT COMPANIES. YOU DECIDE

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
My dealer told me that my new sled (xpx 154)would be in his shop and built sometime between oct 15 and nov 15 and thats that. He has never led my astray yet in 17 years. There is alot of rumors out there like brp running out of parts for the assembly line, oil leaking, crank problems, gas tank problems, bla,bla,bla. no evidence of this just bs talk...this is one of the biggest reasons I left the Dootalk site is all the chicken hen pecking going on there...I think it boils down to the people getting ancious wanting to get there sleds.relax people its coming and MAN are we ever going to have fun on these monsters this season.

sumx54

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Maybe this will help a few of you out.

Click here to BE HAPPY... and then click PLAY twice....
...this is one of the biggest reasons I left the Dootalk site is all the chicken hen pecking going on there...I think it boils down to the people getting ancious wanting to get there sleds.relax people its coming and MAN are we ever going to have fun on these monsters this season.

sumx54

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i know this much, I got my 07 in november last year cause it had a recall before it got to us in october. So dont be surprised if it gets here in late novemebr.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had lunch today with one of the guys on doo's calibration team. I asked him if he had heard that all the 163 x's come with e-start.(I have an e-mail from the area rep saying that they do) He said he had not heard that and called the production manager in Quebec while we were eating. The story is that there were very few 163's ordered with challenger lite track of those there was a high percentage ordered with e-start so they decided ALL 163's WITH THE CHALLENGER LITE GET E-START. everyone else get's what they ordered. they will take it off at no charge if you don't want it. this dealer has 160 163's of those there is less than 10 with the challenger lite.

04doo

Reaction score
Frist of all i snow checked the 08 / 800 X is this the same sled as the xp or no please let me know i talked to my dearer he said by the end of oct i will have my sled there will no ele start & the hand gaurds will be on it please let me know the diff beteen the XPX & the X models thanks

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Bunnyboy just sitting here drinking my Jamacian rum and listening to your get happy song. Thanks

nytro mtx

Reaction score
Has anyone heard this rumour, I cut and paste from dootalk...

QUOTE(sledwolf @ Oct 2 2007, 09:21 PM)
Well my last post on this topic was removed so let me try again. I talked with the Ut. area rep yesterday about delivery of my 2 163 x snow checks. To my suprise they havent even been built yet due to parts that BRP is waiting for. Best geuss from the rep is late Nov. I also found out that e-start will be on installed regaurdless of how you ordered your unit. No big deal right! well not so, add 20lbs and if you dont want it the dealer will have his after school help tear your new sled apart and remove it. The catch is after this you will need to wire ina d-cell batt to make all functions on you display work correctly and you will have extra controlls that do nothing at your service on the handle bars. No big deal right! theres more if you want all funtions as the advert stated you will spend another 150.00 to get the upgrades. No hand gaurds will be included as stated in the 08 x brochure to be standard. The funny thing is that after this I requested a track change from the lite to the powder max and was told no way unless i changed colors. It would change the assembly order. The bottom line is BRP will give you what they want and youll be happy to get it. I take responsibility for ordering the wrong track but I dont see BRP even stepping up and offering any consession on thier end. I also have a real problem with them not having the backbone to call the customers ahead of time, that put money down to get what they want and inform them of the problems. Instead the customer has to call them and pry it out of them. This would have been my first Skidoo and the idea that its here you go we built it like we wanted to and if you dont like it to bad says volumes about how my expeeriance with BRP looks to be. I also think its out of line to leave the customers high and dry that put money down to get what they want while they ship the new Eversts to show rooms for everone else that didnt. You cant bet that when they do show up they wont be the advertised 439lbs. Is it to much to expect the sled you ordered with the options advertised? Does anyone but me think BRP owes it to those that plunked the money down a fair shake when things are not as advertised. To think they wouldnt even offer to throw in a bone for the inconvienance make me wish I had put my $ with the competion. Comments????

Don't want 2 rock the boat, but I had a bit of a problem with my sled purchase also.
Went in and talked 2 the sales guys asked them questions about the Nytro mtx as they didn't have one in stock. They told me the Nytro has the same "DASH" as the Apex ,which I liked , that it had a rear cargo area like the apex ,which I liked , and that it came with hand guards. I left happy thought it over and called the next day and gave down payment as the salesman told me that the sleds were on there way and should b there in a few days. 3 weeks went by and no sled, they kept saying next week , next week, no snow yet so not a HUGE deal, finally went to a different dealer as they had one in stock, found out no hand guards, no rear cargo space and not the same DASH. Decided 2 call and get my $ refunded as I figured they didn't know what they are taking about " if u don't know about something say u don't know" They told me that the $ was non refundable but the sled will be in "next week" . 5 weeks later and still no sled, Not pissed yet as there is still no snow but only waiting a few more days and I will b going in there with gloves on.
Comments???

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't want 2 rock the boat, but I had a bit of a problem with my sled purchase also.
Went in and talked 2 the sales guys asked them questions about the Nytro mtx as they didn't have one in stock. They told me the Nytro has the same "DASH" as the Apex ,which I liked , that it had a rear cargo area like the apex ,which I liked , and that it came with hand guards. I left happy thought it over and called the next day and gave down payment as the salesman told me that the sleds were on there way and should b there in a few days. 3 weeks went by and no sled, they kept saying next week , next week, no snow yet so not a HUGE deal, finally went to a different dealer as they had one in stock, found out no hand guards, no rear cargo space and not the same DASH. Decided 2 call and get my $ refunded as I figured they didn't know what they are taking about " if u don't know about something say u don't know" They told me that the $ was non refundable but the sled will be in "next week" . 5 weeks later and still no sled, Not pissed yet as there is still no snow but only waiting a few more days and I will b going in there with gloves on.
Comments???

This was posted today on the yamaha snowmobile blog.

"Last but not least, our final round of unit shipments are commencing next week, including the 40th MTX models"

So you should be getting your sled right away.

Top Bottom