2008 Ranger RZR

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A memeber of the Edson Club recieved his RZR about six weeks ago and at that time the only accessories were tires. No winch mounts were available then. Hopefully that problem has been corrected.

BTW, performance was very impressive. While I was watching the UTVs, the RZR was the best performer by far. Weight and power will overcome the lower clearance.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Wow, very cool site for the RZR...... love the long travel RZR with all the powder coated blue parts and chrome....... very nice. Guess you can fix up a Polaris to look good too>>>>>>>;)lol

Polaris has been a looker all along...... Just getting better !

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When one of you guys get one I would love to see what you can do up against the Big Kitty.I'm impressed with them,but I need to see what it will do in the Skeg with me following it,or leading it!
catmando!

GRD

Reaction score
Looks like there is a ton of accessories. I have seen a couple in Calgary and both had winch's. Check out the link that chinook75 posted.

A memeber of the Edson Club recieved his RZR about six weeks ago and at that time the only accessories were tires. No winch mounts were available then. Hopefully that problem has been corrected.

BTW, performance was very impressive. While I was watching the UTVs, the RZR was the best performer by far. Weight and power will overcome the lower clearance.

Here's a link to a boat load of info and pics for these babies.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am bringing my RZR to edmonton this week and will be at our old lake lot for 2 weeks. Will post later as to what day. Call my cell and I will come for a ride with you Cat.

chucker

Reaction score
Hi Barry, If you are going to be at Lac Sante, I will give you a call. I would like to have a good close up look at your RZR. Ours should be in a few weeks(ya,right) Is your cell the same.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Put my baby in the shop for new cv's and something new that finally came out for my Prowler.You think it went before LOL!I got the first Whopp Ass Hop up kit available and there installing it.I'm hoping to have it back by next weekend.May have to invest in Gorrilla Axels.
catmando!

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Save your money Catmando; you will not be happy with the gorrillas. I promise you gorrillas will become paper weights much sooner than the OEMs. Send me all the parts from your broken axles and when I get some time I'll look for a rebuild kit for those CVs. On the CVs I have rebuilt the cost is between $60 and $120.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Gary
I appreciate your knowledge and experience and I will send you the parts.The rebuild kit you mention,is that stronger than stock or the same.Because honestly I'm not impressed with the stock ones and once this kit I just bought is installed I may have to look at something more durable.
Likely wont have my prowler back untill late next week!
Talk to Ya Later
catmando!

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need the old CV parts to see if I can find rebuild parts, then I'll know if they are stronger or not. Likely they will be similar or the same as OEM. It is the hardness of the OEM intermediate cages that causes the catasprophic failures; they shatter like glass. The gorrilla cages are softer; the cage bruises causing interferance between the inner and outer races. This interferance causes the cage to bind up and break or overheat to the point the grease liquidifies and leaks out.

CVs will take alot more power than that Prowler will ever make. CV failure is cause by excess angle (binding that occers when the CV meets it's limits of travel) or shock (wheel hop). The combination of hign CV angle (wheel in a hole or turned sharp) and wheel hop will grenade a CV instantly.

The polaris guys have learned that popping the throttle open in reverse when the front wheels are turned sharply or/and the front wheels are in a hole will snap the CV every time.

The AC 950 will use similar size CVs and will make far more power than your 650 make modded.

Sorry for highjacking this thread.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its all about information and helping others out even if it means hijacking the odd thread.Barry is a great guy and I'm sure he wont mind.I got lucky and the whole axel and cv is only 333.00 a peice,cheaper than most!
Thanks Again Gary,See Ya on the Trails!
catmando!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes my cell is the same 780-490-9270. Have golf tourny on the weekend but will be there on Sun. afternoon through to at least Thurs. Barry

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: Axle Prices!!!

Its all about information and helping others out even if it means hijacking the odd thread.Barry is a great guy and I'm sure he wont mind.I got lucky and the whole axel and cv is only 333.00 a peice,cheaper than most!
Thanks Again Gary,See Ya on the Trails!
catmando!

ISN'T THAT PRICE AMAZING, CONSIDERING I CAN GET MOST AUTOMOTIVE AXLES FOR AROUND $100.00 COMPLETE...... :(OUCH. SORRY TO HEAR KATDOO... YOUR GONNA HAVE A FAIR SIZE BILL, I CAN TELL:(.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Axle Prices!!!

ISN'T THAT PRICE AMAZING, CONSIDERING I CAN GET MOST AUTOMOTIVE AXLES FOR AROUND $100.00 COMPLETE...... :(OUCH. SORRY TO HEAR KATDOO... YOUR GONNA HAVE A FAIR SIZE BILL, I CAN TELL:(.

Yup its gonna hurt...................Price you pay to play!
catmando!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Catmandoo........ Axle Prices!!!

HEY KATDOOMAN: I'VE BOUGHT LOTS OF PARTS FROM -- Cyclepartsnation.com is your parts headquarters for all your powersport needs AND I JUST CHECKED THE PRICE OF YOUR AXLES AND FOR AN '06 650 PROWLER THEY'RE $184.76 EACH COMPLETE.... I HAVE BOUGHT LOTS LATELY FOR MY MOTORBIKE AND THE EXCHANGE RATE IS .95.... YOU MIGHT SAVE A HEALTHY CHUNK AND GET THEM COURIERED(UPS) COULD BE 2 DAYS AWAY??? JUST A THOUGHT. PRICES ARE ABSOLUTELY UNBEATABLE............. CHECK OUT THE SITE:D

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Here are some Pics of Barrys (bbtoys) unit on the back of his truck, notice the bbq beside it still lots of room

Attachments

• smcamp 062 (Small).jpg
    smcamp 062 (Small).jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 195
  • smcamp 063 (Small).jpg
    smcamp 063 (Small).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 173
  • smcamp 067 (Small).jpg
    smcamp 067 (Small).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 191

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Catmandoo........ Axle Prices!!!

HEY KATDOOMAN: I'VE BOUGHT LOTS OF PARTS FROM -- Cyclepartsnation.com is your parts headquarters for all your powersport needs AND I JUST CHECKED THE PRICE OF YOUR AXLES AND FOR AN '06 650 PROWLER THEY'RE $184.76 EACH COMPLETE.... I HAVE BOUGHT LOTS LATELY FOR MY MOTORBIKE AND THE EXCHANGE RATE IS .95.... YOU MIGHT SAVE A HEALTHY CHUNK AND GET THEM COURIERED(UPS) COULD BE 2 DAYS AWAY??? JUST A THOUGHT. PRICES ARE ABSOLUTELY UNBEATABLE............. CHECK OUT THE SITE:D

I will check out the site,Thanks Ric.
Thats about half of what I paid!
catmando!

roland

Reaction score
Just got back from Cycle Works West and me and my buddy ordered 2 RZR's. They have one set up in the showroom and have 20 new ones coming in. They only had 7 left that wern't pre-sold. Delivery expected Sept-Nov. Will have to wait and see.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stoped by your shop when I was in Edmonton but you had gone home. Birthday or something like that. Catch you another time. The RZR ran very well in the mud and up some muddy hills, no problem at all. 2 guys in cockpit and no problem with room, it was a blast to drive and not tired at end of day.

Top Bottom