2008 Nytro aftermarket suggestions?

astern.mp

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just bought my first sled last Winter, an 08 Nytro from a private seller with 11 miles on it - 7000 with a cover :cool: I've been a snowboarder for 15 years and wanted a snowmobile that would take me anywhere, and also be something I wouldn't feel guilty about putting lots of time and money into over the years making it a fire breathing beast. Anyways...I'd like suggestions on what you think I should do first? My thoughts are that I'd like to strip some weight off, maybe replace the shocks or skis - anything functional. We do a majority of our riding in deep Pacific Northwest snow, and I'm a pretty light guy (140), so I'd like to try and make it lighter and a bit softer to throw around. I'm not very familiar with brands or websites so any info (SERIOUSLY, ANYTHING!) would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
Here is my 2008 Nytro MTX. It is not turbo'd. I did a port and polish, after market exhaust, air box mod and power commander (for port and polish). That woke it up quite a bit. I did spend a lot on this sled with CR tunnel and seat blah blah. It is a great sled that will last you a long long time. It is a little beefy in the weight department but boondocks like a champ when you get used to what most call the "tippy" feel. It has great torque and its a turn key sled. I have 2800kms on mine and have had zero grief.:d. Cheapest weight loss is going to come from exhaust, rear skid, and seat. But it still isnt cheap. Good luck, good choice.

Cheers,:beer:

Attachments

• Nytro pic.jpg
    Nytro pic.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 103

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Hi astern.mp

We are a Skinz dealer and have several aftermarket parts available for the nytro specifically. Here is a link to our website and the Nytro specific parts section:

Hope that helps, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Jan & Larry

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
what do you think your getting for HP now with that being done?

I need to take it and get the correct mapping for the power commander and put it on the dyno to be sure. But im going to guess at about 150-155ish. It will toast a stock apex but that doesnt say to much because of the extra weight.

Cheers,

tapex

Reaction score
If I could only do one thing I would save my money for a turbo. Yes the lightweight parts make a difference for getting unstuck and throwing around, but the turbo will put a grin on your face that you just cant get rid of! It also makes the sled feel like it is 100lbs lighter when riding around. Good luck with your choices, more power or lighter, doesn't matter, both are good!

TAV

Reaction score
Website
www.primels.ca
Tapex has a good point. i was brainwashed by sledslut and just bucked up and did the trubo right off the bat lol. i only rode it up the sled deck ramp stock. i would save for the trubo as well. the grin is stuck on my face :D

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Timbersled front and back with all shocks for about 45lbs off and an extra 100-140hp on pump gas. Don't get much better, hey Tav? :d Bet your face muscles are gettin' a workout :d

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tapex has a good point. i was brainwashed by sledslut and just bucked up and did the trubo right off the bat lol. i only rode it up the sled deck ramp stock. i would save for the trubo as well. the grin is stuck on my face :D

Sorry man shouldnt have let you ride it i guess:rolleyes::beer:

rotax

Reaction score
Here is my 2008 Nytro MTX. It is not turbo'd. I did a port and polish, after market exhaust, air box mod and power commander (for port and polish). That woke it up quite a bit. I did spend a lot on this sled with CR tunnel and seat blah blah. It is a great sled that will last you a long long time. It is a little beefy in the weight department but boondocks like a champ when you get used to what most call the "tippy" feel. It has great torque and its a turn key sled. I have 2800kms on mine and have had zero grief.:d. Cheapest weight loss is going to come from exhaust, rear skid, and seat. But it still isnt cheap. Good luck, good choice.

Cheers,:beer:

What/whos front bumper is that? It looks much more usable (for lifting) than the Skinz...but it sure looks a lot like the Skinz..

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Yami accessory bumper(aluminum) I have the same one in polished but I don't find it as tough as stock for hitting trees, LOL

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also was BRAINWASHED by these ucolls. sledslut/SLY/Tapex. And I gotta say I much prefer the darkside. As Tapex said. Save your cash, AH what the He.. ll get the T-Bo as soon as humanily possible that way you can start smiling even FULL LAUGHTER when your riding the T-Beast. jmho.........

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's only money:d Not like you get to take it with you to your next inning:d What was it Warren Miller always said about waiting till next year just means you'll be one year older, LOL I've got 5 years into turbos and they just keep getting better :d

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a yamaha bumper. It stands up fairly good.:d I have hit a few "obstacles" :d and it's still there.

:beer:

Mine crushed like a tin can as well as a buddy with the same bumper. Did not even know I hit anything until I got back to the truck at the end of the day. Not that durable IMO. Stock is way stronger.

rotax

Reaction score
Mine crushed like a tin can as well as a buddy with the same bumper. Did not even know I hit anything until I got back to the truck at the end of the day. Not that durable IMO. Stock is way stronger.

Thanks for the feedback on the bumper all. I'll stick w/ my mangled stocker for now then.. :p

WRP Doug

Reaction score
How about a WRP Mountain ASSAULT Seat, or some Mountain TUFF Running Boards?

2008 Nytro MYX shown...

08Nytro.jpg

Top Bottom