2008 M8 Stuck in Reverse

Marmot MB

Reaction score
I have a 2008 M8 162 track.

Last year it got stuck in reverse after I parked it for about an hour in Reverse

Now today I parked it last night in reverse and it went into forward but then after putting it into reverse again it now is stuck in reverse..

Anyone have any past experience with this or recommendations to fix ?

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I had this happen a few times with my 2007. With mine we found that when a belt had blown previously it screwed up the solenoid/actuator or what ever yA wanna call it that's behind the secondary down by the foot well area. Pretty sure if I remember right one of the wires had been knocked loose and the solenoid was sticking.

This was quite a few years ago so my memory is vague but I remember it ended up being the belt blowing and tweeting something that cause my issue

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My M1000 has done this a few times. Usually a result of blown belt debris...cleaned the solenoid gears up a few times and it was good after that. Try elevating the track and moving the track back and forth to take the load off the Diamond drive gears.

Marmot MB

Reaction score
I am not going to say it is fixed, but I got it out of reverse. Sprayed some brake cleaner in around the shaft of the solenoid, then some WD 40.

It still did not shift out of reverse, so I shut it off (Gets rid of the CCU and wrench symbol) then "tapped" on the back end of the solenoid with a hammer. Presto came right out of reverse.

I did not go through a testing process to see if anything is resolved, last night was more of a quick and dirty get it out of reverse mission. Once I can get it back into my garage I will take apart the solenoid assembly and clean / inspect.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Those solenoids are fairly cheap to replace if memory serves. I ended up replacing mine because it happened on a trip to the mountains and took me a good 45 mins to get it out. And then when it did come out the backup alarm wouldn't turn off.

Marmot MB

Reaction score

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Hmm interesting. I'd be pretty leery on damaging that lever with my foot. After I fixed mine up I cut a piece of plastic and zip tied it infront of the
Solenoid to stop dust and belt debris from getting in. One belt that went wiped out a bunch of that chit on me and had to replace it all

Marmot MB

Reaction score
Hammer fix didn't work as expected. But it did get it in and out of reverse a few times this weekend. Sometimes it worked properly others it would go in reverse but not back to forward... turn off sled to reset ccu and wrench symbol...lightly tap end of solenoid...and press reverse button and nearly every time it would go back to forward...if not try that again.

So i tore off the motor (three torx screws going down vertically and that allows the whole assembly to come off.

You are then left with this: uploadfromtaptalk1455573073528.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1455573106294.jpg

I think I am going the manual lever route. Cant fail anymore.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom