2008 M8 heavy nose

sheebansavage

Reaction score
Hey guys, The other day I was riding in about 3 -4 feet of semi wet powder. I stopped on a lake and couldn't get started off. It just spun and got stuck. This happened around 5-6 times trying to get out of the one place. It seemed like all it wanted to do was spin down and not move. My older sleds would not have done this. Is there some adjustment I should make to get the front end lighter. I even noticed as soon as I pulled it off the deck and started turning it didn't want to steer properly and the nose just pushed where it wanted to go. This does not happen in light powdery conditions that I can remember. Can I adjust something here? Everyone else in the group had no issues starting off.

I have looked into the GEO mod? Will this help? What about turning the track around backwards? Rear skid shock px is at about 125 psi and front skid shock is around middle position on the screw adjusters. Front shock are just past the middle toward the stiffer side on the screw type adjusters. I am running stock skis.

Any help would be awesome.

Cheers

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't found a snow condition yet where turning the stock '07/'08 Camo around wasn't way better. Try it, I think you'll be happy. I can't advise on stock suspension setup...both my M's are Timbersled. I'd lose the stock skis though. They suck!

Top Bottom