2008 M8 gauge

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2008 M8 gauge problems

Have problem with my gauge when I start it up it shows the voltage and then max RPM. That is all it show. Was riding last weekend worked great for the first 30 miles then we stop for lunch And started up after that is when it was showing me just voltage and max Rpm and a odo mileage on the machine.

Does anybody know why this would be happening ?

The first pic is what the gauge does when the machine is first started, second pic is what show after the machine is running.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 207
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

ScottPruden

Reaction score
Re: 2008 M8 gauge problems

Have problem with my gauge when I start it up it shows the voltage and then max RPM. That is all it show. Was riding last weekend worked great for the first 30 miles then we stop for lunch And started up after that is when it was showing me just voltage and max Rpm and a odo mileage on the machine.

Does anybody know why this would be happening ?

The first pic is what the gauge does when the machine is first started, second pic is what show after the machine is running.
Had happen on my 08 m1 gauge needed replacement. There also is a feature on snow pro gauge where after voltage is shown press the up button and should say 3 and your coolant temp in a number display. Someone shown me this and it doesn't seem like anyone else is aware of the feature. Just need to hold both buttons in for approx 10 seconds till voltage is displayed then press up on th key

oldy800

Reaction score

Hey Cowboy, did u ever get this problem figured out or where u are at with this issue?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Had happen on my 08 m1 gauge needed replacement. There also is a feature on snow pro gauge where after voltage is shown press the up button and should say 3 and your coolant temp in a number display. Someone shown me this and it doesn't seem like anyone else is aware of the feature. Just need to hold both buttons in for approx 10 seconds till voltage is displayed then press up on th key

Yes, its the top 2 left buttons. Some people know about this feature, the first # is the sequence (1-9), the 2nd # is the readout of whatever parameter you are looking at. 1 is stator output voltage, 2 is pipe temp I think, 3 is coolant, I forget the others. If this guy is on voltage and he's reading 2.8, his stator is shot.

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The machine is a Standard M8 not a snopro, the machine runs great, lights and hand Warmers are all working. Still unknown what the problem.

oldy800

Reaction score

I am having the same issues with mine, purchased back in Nov/12 for $400 plus except mine now says L.C.D. when started up.. A.C. says it only has 30 days warranty. Totally unacceptable when you get 1 year warranty on a $20 toaster from wal-mart. Contacted A.C. in Winnipeg 2 weeks ago and still no reply back. They get another call on Monday i would like to rip someone a new one if i could get through or get a call back.. This is pathetic especially when they warranty the whole sled for a year. This is also the second time replacing this instrument. Do any other cat owners have gauge cluster issues or for that matter other brands with issues? I have a Digitron on my Polaris that has been flawless from day one so it can be done. Oh and mine is a standard m8 2008. Anybody have any ideas or thoughts. Thanks in advance.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have the same sled and have had no problems with my gauge. I do have a relocation bracket on mine though. The amount of heat that comes out of there when I stop makes me wonder if the under hood heat can possibly damage the gauge.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think you should sell it to your old man (let him worry about it) and go sno check a new one!!

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have the same sled and have had no problems with my gauge. I do have a relocation bracket on mine though. The amount of heat that comes out of there when I stop makes me wonder if the under hood heat can possibly damage the gauge.

I have had the machine since new and this is the first problem that I had with machine that was not driver error.
After the season going to try a gauge off an other 2008 m8 and hopefully try pin point the problem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom