2008 m1000 update?

OLE 11

Reaction score
I read some stuff about 08 mapping!wondering if the 09 update should be installed? my sled is stock with a jaws can. one forum said it was a good idea if you got after market y-pipe,pipe,intake! but nothing about stock.please help.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your sled runs good , leave it alone. Had the update done to a couple of our 08 M1000s just to find that both sleds ran poorly after the updates. I did find that my sleds performance improved after installing a Y pipe, intake and Linderman head mod. We were not happy with the updates.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hello rigrat, saw a post last year and your were thinking about changing your helix on your 1000. Just wondering if you did? I put the terra alps one on. Have not tried it yet. Thanks

Emt Worker

Reaction score
Yeah don't do the update. Many guys that did weren't happy. My dealer told me that I wouldn't be happy and refused to do it.

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your putting that much on you will need a controller anyways so you don,t need to worry about the reflash. I,m surprised it,s not done. Cat would void the warrent on any sleds that didn,t have it done. So most were done early on.

Top Bottom