2008 Honda 420ES

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has any body done any upgrades to their quads yet ??? :d What have you done ?? Tires ?? Motor ??? Any thing else ???? Let us know !!

snowprozr

Reaction score
No mods yet other than ITP tires, Power Mad hand guards, and a quad box. Not much to choose from. Thinkin of a FMF slip-on pipe and posibly chipping it when something comes on the market. Does anyone know of any performance acceceries available for the 2008 Honda 420's??

..Summit..

Reaction score
Well HMF has 2 pipes for the 420 and Supertrapp also has an exhaust for the 420. Highlifter has a differential locker, gear reduction kits and snorkels etc. Thats all that i know of.

lifesagarden

Reaction score
I have installed the Penland Pro Series (45 mins) along and Optimizer (20 mins) to go with my bigger rubber and noticed a gain on the bottom end. The other thing you may notice that is a good add on is the High Lifter rear spring, I may be just to fat but it seem to like bottoming out when I had all my gear loaded up.
Got the slip on from a guy out of Lac La Biche for reasonable price.

Cheers

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More like here is the pic!!! Sorry a a little slow today !! LOL

Attachments

• My Quad 4.jpg
    My Quad 4.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 257

give_it_all_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3rd time's a charm right!

It does look good, nice rims and the atv looks good in black!

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3rd time's a charm right!

It does look good, nice rims and the atv looks good in black!

:)Yeah I love my quad, I like it being a little different (the black color), the only thing is that it shows scratches and marks SO easy !!:eek: But I guess it is a quad !! LOL

give_it_all_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:)Yeah I love my quad, I like it being a little different (the black color), the only thing is that it shows scratches and marks SO easy !!:eek: But I guess it is a quad !! LOL

Mine shows scratches really easily as well and it is red. But mine does some bush whacking so that could be why:d I would like more power, so I think my next atv may have to be the 680 Rincon:cool:

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of pipe should I put on ??? Do I have to change anything if I just put a pipe on ??? jetting ???? There are a few choices I noticed on e-bay but don't what others have used and what is good ??? HMF ???? Supertrapp ??? Let me know !
Thanks
Dale

carter.c

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put a hmf penland series pipe with optimizer on mine, ITP mudlites, and triangle atv snorkel. The pipe makes a difference and adds HP at the lower end

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still haven't did any mods !!! Just the tires and rims. :d Haven't found the 26" tires slowing or bogging the quad down that much. Thought I might have to "clutch" it but so far so good. Finally change my oil today (haven't put that many miles on it this summer :( ) , put in Amsoil 0W40. Wasn't sure when to change it over to syn. oil , but it should be fine now. (I have about 700 kms on it now).
Anybody notice anything different when running syn. oil ?? More power ?? Quieter motor?? Better shifting?? Anything else ?

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I belive honda saysnot to run sinystic oil somrthing to due with the clutches on the hondas

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I belive honda saysnot to run sinystic oil somrthing to due with the clutches on the hondas

Amsoil ATV oil is safe for "clutches" . Is made especially for quads and their clutches. Regular oil (syn. or conventional) IS hard and not good for clutches !

give_it_all_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my 420...still with no mods except air filter!
DSCF2094.jpg

My cousin is getting an atv though so it'll be worth spending the money to upgrade. First up I think will be tires. Then new suspension and exhaust.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still stock except the tires and rims.

I still really like my quad. Went on the weekend on a two day ride and was able to keep up with the "big boys". I was the only quad out of 8 under 700cc, and the only quad with solid rear axle !! I had to ride a little more aggresive than the others but did very well (in my opinion). I seem to do the same or better in the skeg and mud as I was way lighter and narrower than the others.
Still very happy with my Honda !!! :d

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still stock except the tires and rims.

I still really like my quad. Went on the weekend on a two day ride and was able to keep up with the "big boys". I was the only quad out of 8 under 700cc, and the only quad with solid rear axle !! I had to ride a little more aggresive than the others but did very well (in my opinion). I seem to do the same or better in the skeg and mud as I was way lighter and narrower than the others.
Still very happy with my Honda !!! :d
Come for a ride in swanhills sometime before the snow flies .

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i RIDE A HONDA TOO... and always have a good tow rope to throw ya if ya get into trouble..................come for* a rip sometime really.

Top Bottom