2008 F350 Diesel Fuel Mileage?

hintonite

Reaction score
I could understand if i were speeding or pulling but i am not. The truck and tires are stock and I am satalite tracked and do not speed. Often i am oly running @ 80km/hr due to the back roads. Like i say it just seems to change with the weather. It has been into grifiths ford many times(for mantainance and fule millage), and they told me that there has not been enough complaints about the fuel millage, so ford sees no problem. I will attempt to run it to Edsons jerry ford during break up to see if they will help me out with this.

Green=Go!

Reaction score
My 2008 F350 is terrible on fuel as well. It is pethetic that the mileage is so poor. It's not about whether a guy can afford the fuel or not, it's just simply such a waste of money on something that is consumed so quickly. I would enjoy the truck a lot better if the mileage was half descent. I could drive a Kenworth and get better mileage.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whine.........whine..... you guys are pathetic, what do you expect you drive 110 to 140k what do you want, if its that bad quit driving them, you all want big tires lift kits dont blame it on the companys,get a grip, think about it i have a 6.4 ford pull 25500lbs and get from 9 to 10 and im happy what can you expect, it pulls hard wind or no wind uphill, and how about these trailers we all pull big they arent good in the wind, just my 2 cents.

easy does it , every one has the right to vent and discuss there issues as well as you , don't think anyone can disagree in today's time we have the right to expect a little more for the cash we lay out for these than what we are getting:d

kimwin

Reaction score
my post wasnt directed at hintonite just all the b-tching i shouldnt even go on this original post................and green=go you find me a kenworth that gets that i will be amazed....... i lookat this way fuel .68 a litre get 10mpg =.31cents per mile,.........15mpg=.20cents per mile rough figures, it is what it is chev, ford, dodge all about the same if were honest about it,,,, my pete is about .68cents per mile and it is what is......my 2 cents........

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my post wasnt directed at hintonite just all the b-tching i shouldnt even go on this original post................and green=go you find me a kenworth that gets that i will be amazed....... i lookat this way fuel .68 a litre get 10mpg =.31cents per mile,.........15mpg=.20cents per mile rough figures, it is what it is chev, ford, dodge all about the same if were honest about it,,,, my pete is about .68cents per mile and it is what is......my 2 cents........

ya but it seems like the auto makers are going backwards , no different with cummins / cat / detroit , sure they have emmisions to work around but with all the technologies today you would think someone can figure this out , :beer:

hintonite

Reaction score
Well i jst ordered the DPF/CAT delete system with sct tuner. I am told that i can get as much as an additional 10mpg and 295hp. Has to be better than the 8mpg (empty) i am getting. Once i get it installed i will post the findings.

mtnluvr

Reaction score
lOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING ABOUT THE RESULTS. I AM GETTING TIRED OF PUMPING IN 150 LITRES TO GO 600 KM WITH NO LOAD AT ALL. CHIPPED IT AND PUT INTAKE ON IN HOPES OF IMPROVEMENT BUT NO LUCK SO FAR.

.08rider

Reaction score
Well i jst ordered the DPF/CAT delete system with sct tuner. I am told that i can get as much as an additional 10mpg and 295hp. Has to be better than the 8mpg (empty) i am getting. Once i get it installed i will post the findings.

I just had My truck done while I was in Jamaica, I can tell you it did make a difference for sure but cant tell you how much. I had my truck lifted and 38" tires put on at the same time. I have the Banks monster duals on it before and it sounds really good now, I also have the Banks air kit. Lots of power and the turbo spools way faster so more of the line for sure. As far as milage goes I pulled my work trailer to Cold Lake then onto Saskatoon and then home I got better mileage then before, including the huge tire difference, so it is better a lot better. I am also running a hyperteck programer, but have always been running it. I have ordered the new edge platnium programer , it has DPF delete tunes in it now, I know one guy running it right now and it rips! So I will let you know how that turns out hopefully in a week or so. I would not wait to do a DPF delete at all, truck never goes into regen idles way better, and the sound of the turbo is awesome.

Attachments

• truck pics 002.jpg
    truck pics 002.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 55
  • truck pics 008.jpg
    truck pics 008.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 59
  • truck pics 006.jpg
    truck pics 006.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 53

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just had My truck done while I was in Jamaica, I can tell you it did make a difference for sure but cant tell you how much. I had my truck lifted and 38" tires put on at the same time. I have the Banks monster duals on it before and it sounds really good now, I also have the Banks air kit. Lots of power and the turbo spools way faster so more of the line for sure. As far as milage goes I pulled my work trailer to Cold Lake then onto Saskatoon and then home I got better mileage then before, including the huge tire difference, so it is better a lot better. I am also running a hyperteck programer, but have always been running it. I have ordered the new edge platnium programer , it has DPF delete tunes in it now, I know one guy running it right now and it rips! So I will let you know how that turns out hopefully in a week or so. I would not wait to do a DPF delete at all, truck never goes into regen idles way better, and the sound of the turbo is awesome.

Looks good , your dealer still gona give you warranty or do you care , what tires are you running , how did they balance any shimmy ?????
:beer:

.08rider

Reaction score
My brother did all the work, no shimmy, but some tracking with 38"X15.5" tires. Running MTZ Mickey Thompson tires. Stage II 8" lift with ladder bars all procomp but the traction bars are fabtech. Added the lightforce lights and wow are they ever nice on a dark highway. truck has 90k on it already so not much left as far as warranty, but i do have an ace in the hole at a ford dealer, as long as i am home when she breaks. But a lot of dealers still look at the problem and abuse is abuse, warranty is warranty.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother did all the work, no shimmy, but some tracking with 38"X15.5" tires. Running MTZ Mickey Thompson tires. Stage II 8" lift with ladder bars all procomp but the traction bars are fabtech. Added the lightforce lights and wow are they ever nice on a dark highway. truck has 90k on it already so not much left as far as warranty, but i do have an ace in the hole at a ford dealer, as long as i am home when she breaks. But a lot of dealers still look at the problem and abuse is abuse, warranty is warranty.

I want to rip my dfp out but dealer tells me know , showed me a stack of claims denied , but who knows where that will settle out , mine only has 23,000 on so still pretty fresh , keep me posted on the tires if they start to shimmy , i've been fighting tire problems but I'm pretty fussy

.08rider

Reaction score
I want to rip my dfp out but dealer tells me know , showed me a stack of claims denied , but who knows where that will settle out , mine only has 23,000 on so still pretty fresh , keep me posted on the tires if they start to shimmy , i've been fighting tire problems but I'm pretty fussy

Ask your dealer to show the list of denied claims with no mods! Oh you let your truck idle, oh you drive only in the city, so many claims denied with no mods I said F---it. I want more power and some black smoke. Mileage is a bonus for sure, driveablitity is what I wanted, now it is fun, smokin tires and smoking pipes!

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ask your dealer to show the list of denied claims with no mods! Oh you let your truck idle, oh you drive only in the city, so many claims denied with no mods I said F---it. I want more power and some black smoke. Mileage is a bonus for sure, driveablitity is what I wanted, now it is fun, smokin tires and smoking pipes!

10-4 on that

SRJD

Reaction score
i have a 6' lift running 35' for tires and i have a afe cold air and chipped its also a short box im getting 600 plus to the tank

hintonite

Reaction score
Well just installed the DPF/Ccat delete in the truck. It's alot more responsive, but does not seem to be the same improvement that i got out of the supertuner in the 7.3l. I have some more of the tunes coming. I am traveling on the highway today t see what kind of millege it i getting. I am getting 14-15mpg in town now. Easy install, hardest prt was removing the cat and filter.:beer:

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can expect 10-17 mpg depends on what your doin. that's what i am at right now and i have about 90,000k on it. mileage hasn't changed one bit since the day i bought it. broke in or not. someone blowin smok up your ars...when i talked to the peeps i know at ford they removed my chip, did the upgrades and reinstalled it at no charge. I just had a discussion with my dude first and he said no problem as most are doing some kind of mods to these trucks to try and increase mileage. don't expect too much as far as mileage goes. otherwise lots of power and a really nice truck to drive and a lot tougher than the others....my 21 cents.......pm if you like and i can give you more info...

hintonite

Reaction score
Well just installed the DPF/Ccat delete in the truck. It's alot more responsive, but does not seem to be the same improvement that i got out of the supertuner in the 7.3l. I have some more of the tunes coming. I am traveling on the highway today t see what kind of millege it i getting. I am getting 14-15mpg in town now. Easy install, hardest prt was removing the cat and filter.:beer:

Well t installed the new tune from SCT. WOW did it ever wake this thing up. Still not my 7.3l but close. The wife nolonger hates our truck. Millage seems to be aroung 16mpg. Not great but better than the 8-10mpg i was getting. so things are looking up finally!

roddy3

Reaction score
Here Is A Word of Advice That I had Found out The hard Way. I had My 08-F-350 In The Dealer for Some recalls at 54000 km. They Asked me If I wanted To Do My 50000 km Service. I Declined becuase i didn't Have Another 3 Hours in Town. So Of Course The km Go by And i Forgot To get The truck back in.(Truck now Has 63500km 95% Highway No mods Or Abuse) One Morning I Go To Head Over To GP To pick Up The 05 That Had To have The Head Gaskets Done At 8000 km Over Warranty($4200 My Cost) Thats Another Story Though. Get Out Of the yard Found the Truck Not Steering Proberly. Drop it Off At The Dealer, Pick Up The Other One. Dealer Phones Say's It In The Steering Box. Can Do A $430 Adjustment Wich Dont Garranty Thats The Problem. Or A $1100 New Steering Box. So $1800. Dollars Later And Warrantey Claim Denied They Said That If I Had Had The 50000km Service Job Ford Might Have Helped Becuase It Was Just Over.I Told Ford No More New junk Time To Buy A 1980 Chevy, Carry A Starter And Altenater And A 9/16 Wrench And I Can Fix Any Thing. Sad Part I Do Love The 08 But Not Sure what The Big picture Is Going to Be. To Make A long Story Short Keep Up on the Scheduled maintence, it Might Cost You now But Save You Later.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone hear ever try running oil from mcdonnalds in there trucks ??? lol I was watching Truck-U and they installed some kinda oil heater thing and ran a 6.0l power stroke off used cooking oil, kinda neat might help some of you guys save on fule costs...

Top Bottom