2008 F350 Diesel Fuel Mileage?

hintonite

Reaction score
anyone hear ever try running oil from mcdonnalds in there trucks ??? lol I was watching Truck-U and they installed some kinda oil heater thing and ran a 6.0l power stroke off used cooking oil, kinda neat might help some of you guys save on fule costs...

i have a buddy living on a lake in BC with no power and he is running his gen-set and his 1987 chevy on used restrant oil. He starts and stops on diels but runs on oil. Gen runs the exhaust through a tank of oil and the truck is mixxe 1/2 and 1/2 diesel. No problems yet in 2 years. SCT told me once you pull the DPF out i can to run on oil.

Nadz

Reaction score
Wow! That took me a while to read. But it all hits home for me. I got a 09 F-350 SD, 20"35's, no lift. (no rub either) Under 12mpg always. Had the DPF plug up on me. Excessive idling, running cold, minus 50 at the time, Friday of a long weekend, need the truck to work,(truck is my office) north of Fort McMurray at the time, major $$$$$$$$$$ to fix there, truck in "REDUCED ENGINE POWER MODE", $577.00 just to hook up diagnostics tool in parking lot and tell me that the DPF is plugged. Oh! And "No Warranty Sir". 40,000km on it. Put on about 600km on it in limp mode!?!?
After a lot of ranting at Ford dealers and getting nowhere... I got the wife to bring up the trusty 02 7.3L F-350 Dually and the 26' trailer (22mpg) and over 400,000 km on it.
I tell ya... people must have been talkin like crazy... watching the 02 pullin the 09. Not f^*kin impressed at all. Any way, I got the delete kit installed, with SCT programmer for a fraction of the cost it would have cost me to stay stock with a dealer. My dealer knows my situation and will back me on warranty, considering the chip doesn't cause it. Whatever!!! The truck runs great now, 16 - 18mpg empty, before kit 110km/hr - 2100rpm, now 110km/hr - 1750rpm. Less rpm = better fuel mileage. SCT programmer is a little more complicated than the Diablo Sport and doesn't confirm what you have just programmed in your truck. Makes me a little worried! I haven't played around with the SCT yet. (kinda scared to f^*k something up) One of the positive thing to all of this is... I discovered a great mechanic, that's not scared to help a guy out when he's in a bind.
PS. I really miss my 06!

WRIGHTR

Reaction score
I have a 2007 megacab (for comparison) 5.9L Diesel. AT 115 km/hr I get 14L/100 km. AT 90 Km/hr I get about 12.5/l km. This is all in prairies. When I go to the mountains and stick to 90 to 100 km/hr an coast down the hills I can get 11 l/km. City driving (Edmonton) sucks. I get 18 l/km on average.

Top Bottom