2008 F350 Diesel Fuel Mileage?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one guya t work has one of the new twin turbo fords. he has a sled deck and two quads on it. we can drive 1.5 hours to get where we are going never shut the truck off all day. this involved driving around grid roads and through fields. then drive home. and it only burns 1/4 of a tank.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2011 ford has a 6.7 ltr being built in germany , should be out early 2010 , got a 08 f350 with 38x14.50 on it get 24 litres per 100 k , going to get it remapped and see what happens :smilieicon_ford:

Farmer B

Reaction score
Bought an 08 SD Ford in December, they become such a good deal I could not resist. Over $20,000 off sticker price,I guess the fuel milage issue is getting around. Had heard all the bad things about the milage,but have been happy with my 03 SD 7.3. Chipped up am getting around 22mpg driving the way I like. The new one gets about 11mpg driving in that 110km-130km range. Good thing fuel is on the way down. Have heard doing the exhaust good help out,but my dealer said forget about your warrenty if you do anything to the truck. Nice to drive a new truck,but not sure if it has as much power as my 03 chipped up. Should get better once it is broke in. Outside temperature is out to lunch as well and the back seat is half as thick as the 03. Drive a dodge if you want a motor that lasts. Drive a Ford if you like to drive hard and want the truck to last. If you want a chevy, give it to your wife or don't leave the city.

moose1

Reaction score
I find it ridiculous how they are trying to get better emissions but burning more fuel, does the more fuel you burn mean more emissions not just in the vehicle burning this but also in producing more fuel. I would think that it should be going the other way, better emissions means less fuel burning to me???
:confused::confused::confused:

Agree 100% But the good old regulators test the emissions under ideal conditons. All of the big 3 new diesels 2008 and newer have whats called a DPF. This is a filter that takes the soot out of the exhaust and stores it. When the differential pressure between the inlet and outlet of the filter becomes excessive the truck goes into a regeneration mode.

This injects extra fuel into the motor during the exhaust stroke raising the tempurature of the exhaust and effectively burning the plugged crap out of the DPF. IMHO the emissions testing should be done during a complete cycle and thus showing the actual emissions over a specific time frame. More fuel burned = more soot, NOx, SOx, etc. Backwards government thinking. Late 70's early 80's there was air pumps to inject fresh air into the exhaust to bring emissions down. Design more fuel efficient vehicles to reduce emissions! End of rant.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I removed the DPF and have it chipped with a cold air intake. I was told the mods would make at least a 4 MPG increase, and possibly up to 10 MPG. My mileage has actually been worse since. I would like to talk to some of these guys that say that there getting up to 22 MPG. I would do it different next time. Keep your money in your pocket. You can buy a lot of extra fuel if you don't see any increase in your MPG. Love the truck, Hate the MPG.

Sledslutz

Reaction score
I got one of the first 08 F-350 back in feb 2007, Got 80,000 km and the mileage and performance was best when i first got it. After they remap the ecu for the flame throwing issue the mileage and power dropped. Right now the way it is if I drive 110 km/hr I will get 13.9mpg to 16 mpg empty. Loaded 9mpg to 12mpg. Love the truck for everything else

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Bought an 08 SD Ford in December, they become such a good deal I could not resist. Over $20,000 off sticker price,I guess the fuel milage issue is getting around. Had heard all the bad things about the milage,but have been happy with my 03 SD 7.3. Chipped up am getting around 22mpg driving the way I like. The new one gets about 11mpg driving in that 110km-130km range. Good thing fuel is on the way down. Have heard doing the exhaust good help out,but my dealer said forget about your warrenty if you do anything to the truck. Nice to drive a new truck,but not sure if it has as much power as my 03 chipped up. Should get better once it is broke in. Outside temperature is out to lunch as well and the back seat is half as thick as the 03. Drive a dodge if you want a motor that lasts. Drive a Ford if you like to drive hard and want the truck to last. If you want a chevy, give it to your wife or don't leave the city.
Oh whatever .They all have good and bad points .Come on :nono:

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best milage i've seen is on 01 cummins 20-25mpg up to 120km/h, worst is on 08 ford dually 4mpg pulling four place and not much better on it's own. My 07 duramax is alright average if you will, none of them are great on fuel just a must for pulling.

Come on 4mpg I pull my 15000lb 5th wheel with mine at 120km/hr and get 7 I thought that was horrible but 4? Thats like the chevy guys that get 28 I think thery are looking at liters per hundred:d

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got as bad as 6mpg when hauling a tractor and bales. but empty i get about 11mpg.

Attachments

• IMG_0255.JPG
    IMG_0255.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 50

GRD

Reaction score
Need FUEL for POWER... i like the pics!

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok boys here is what I have 08 1 ton single axle. A little pissed with the mileage( just like everyone else). Truck now has 5k on it a nice and all but last weekend went 200 miles on a tank of diesel. Pulling the enclosed with 3 sleds keeping constant 110km/hr. Dealership shrugs their shoulders. The Ford guys what I can I do to get better mileage. I know you chev and Dodge guys will say get a new truck. But dang what can you do? I miss MY 05 now.

Parkelle

Reaction score
Well, looking at "up-grading" from out 2008 F150 to a 2008 F350 Diesel.
Can somebody tell me what their fuel mileage is with their 2008 F350 Diesel?
I looked on the web, but not too many reviews to find this info!

Thanks Crew.

I have an 08 F-350 diesel, I am getting around 18 mpg as long as I keep it around 110km/h. If your in a hurry it isn't pretty.

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after seeing all of this don't mind my 6.0L gasser at all.

me too, i havent passed the price difference vs milage for diesel engine but i dont tow a lot. I have to say a lot of you guys have very low miles on you vehicles to be judging milage yet my 6.0 l gas 2500 hd chev just started to improve at 50 000km or 1000 hrs i spoke with guys with 6.0 l gas and they get even better at 80 000. remember way back when you bought you old truck new and thin how bad it was until it broke in and talk to guys wth 50 000 or more on them before you judge it for its beginning milage.
By the way i get 550km per 86 l highway, the worst was pulling a 10 000lb scissor lift at 320km per 92 l the best was 620 per 90l empty doing 110km/h

barrone

Reaction score
Well, looking at "up-grading" from out 2008 F150 to a 2008 F350 Diesel.
Can somebody tell me what their fuel mileage is with their 2008 F350 Diesel?
I looked on the web, but not too many reviews to find this info!

Thanks Crew.

hey Anthony,
three words-buy a duramax.
Now that I offended you, Ha Ha, I have ownd both and both are great trucks for different reasons
I have had an08 f350 king ranch, an 04 and 06 duramax, all wonderful trucks. my 06 gt hit by lightning and they wrote it off. When I replace it, I bought an 08 king ranch f 350. I get 16.5-17.5 mpg on the highway driving nice on a 1400km round trip. If I am loaded with a deck, aluminum trailer and 4 sleds, and drive really nice, I get 10-12 mpg.
I love the f350 for everything except the mileage, it has less power than the duramax but its not an issue for me, how much more than 350 hpp do you need. One thin I found annoying with the ford was the turbo lag, pretty nasty compared to GM.

Some of you may not believe the mileage I got form my 04 duramax,and it may have been a 1 in a thousand truck, but honestly, I drove from edmonton to invermere and back at 120 km/hr on 2 different occasions and very carefully calculated the mileage both times and it was over 26 mpg both time. Same trip with 06 duramax 23mpg at 120. Same trip with 08 superduty was 16.5 at 100kmhr. With a deck, trailer and 4 sleds I could always get 15mpg if I travel around 120kmhrwith the 04 or 06 duramax,
Short trips will kill your mileage on any diesel, if I drive to work every day (7 miles one way), I get 6 - 8 mpg in the winter (always warming it up)

If you take out the fuel mileage issue and the turbo lag, I like the ford more.
Witht he way the fuel mileage is, i wish my duramax would have never been hit by lightning., and I never should have sold my 04 duramax, it was one of a kind truck.

Farmer B

Reaction score
Just come back from Mcbride with my 08 f-350,pulled the four place enclosed at 120km and did anywhere from 9.5 to 11.5 mpg. Truck just reached the 6000km mark. Last week took it to Regina empty and got 19mpg on the way down driving at 110km. 16mpg on the way home driving 110km. At what km's is everyone having trouble with the rads?

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
I have an 08 F-350 diesel, I am getting around 18 mpg as long as I keep it around 110km/h. If your in a hurry it isn't pretty.

you b rite, i have a 250, with a few extras and at 110, its about 20, at 100 its 22-24, slow and steady wins the race, and well at 125........ we wont go there, and yes these are calculated miles/gallon

K understand im in Manitoba on the flats, no much wind and these are hwy miles, and not a 20 min hwy trip but running here to saskatoon, or whatever, but hwy miles burning a tank or two. wind does matter, side wind knocks it down, trailers, yea pulling the 3 place loaded with seed, im down to about 11 - 12. Pic is of 31mpg on the puter and hand calculated at 25mpg on the tank. Milage is calculated almost every tank and dialed in upon fill up

Attachments

• Aug 21-29 AB & SK 015.jpg
    Aug 21-29 AB & SK 015.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 58
Top Bottom