2008 F350 Diesel Fuel Mileage?

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it funny everyone crappin' on Fords mileage when no other truck is too much better.

From what I've seen / people I've talked to, the '08's are normally a pretty poor bunch as far as economy goes. But I have heard of the odd Dodge and Chev that still can get 20 US mpg. Not any Fords that I've heard of.

Ford took no more than 10 litres than the Dodge

Over the winter that would easily pay for the fuel I burn in my sled. I wouldn't laugh at that......

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get 15 US.( 18 CDN ) mostly city in my 07 Classic Duramax. 35's, about 410 rwhp.

Best trucks for mileage seems to be '03 Cummins and duramax. Emissions controls have steadily decayed mileage since then.
I`ll back MB1 on this because I have the 07 D-Max and get 17-18 in the city and if I keep it at a 100kph on the highway I`ll get 24mpg. If I go over 110-115 the mileage drops off quickly. And Ron I don`t drive like a white grampa.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I've seen / people I've talked to, the '08's are normally a pretty poor bunch as far as economy goes. But I have heard of the odd Dodge and Chev that still can get 20 US mpg. Not any Fords that I've heard of.

Over the winter that would easily pay for the fuel I burn in my sled. I wouldn't laugh at that......

Ya you're right, I havent heard of 20 MPG Ford yet either. I dont actually worry about 10 extra litres or not every 2 weeks, basically, If I need to get somewhere...I go, no matter the cost. Im not rich by no means, just realistic.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya you're right, I havent heard of 20 MPG Ford yet either. I dont actually worry about 10 extra litres or not every 2 weeks, basically, If I need to get somewhere...I go, no matter the cost. Im not rich by no means, just realistic.

I hear you there, in the end it works out to a few hundred bucks a year. In the scheme of things no big deal. haha I wouldn't be rollin' the 35's if it was that big a deal - I suppose if I was looking at new trucks I would just ask myself if I liked the Ford enough to spend a little more on fuel....but I guess you would save that money by not getting any dates in one.:d

Tireburnerjoe

Reaction score
Spartan Diesel Tech in the States has a tuner and and DFP delete for the new Fords that is supposed to increase power and fuel economy. I only have 10000 km's on my 08 F350 (6 inch lift and 35's) and have been getting 18 right from the get go. The tuner will be going in after a few more km's. Anybody else here about a DFP delete in Edmonton on these new trucks???

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of anyone who is happy with their mileage in an '08 SD. Most I've talked to run them for work and don't pay for fuel.

I get 15 US.( 18 CDN ) mostly city in my 07 Classic Duramax. 35's, about 410 rwhp.

Best trucks for mileage seems to be '03 Cummins and duramax. Emissions controls have steadily decayed mileage since then.

My stock 03 Cummins got 15MPG towing fifth wheel and boat (about 13,000#) at 110 on the trip to Slave Lake. Zero repairs since new and 25-28Mpg empty....won't be trading up for a new guzzler any time soon....brother has a new Duraless..18Mpg empty..no thanks:nono: As for the Fords they have a bad milage rep.

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at moving from my 06 GMC 6.0 gas into an 08 F350 Superduty.(not a real Ford guy but let's see what happens) Seems to be a bit better mileage with the F350 than with the 6.0 gas and I think it should haul the 4 place or the 30' travel trailer a little easier no????

Rob

.08rider

Reaction score
I have an 08 super duty with now 40,000 on it and it really has not improved in mileage at all. My 05 pulled harder and got way better mileage with a Banks 6gun and exhaust. I talked to banks today and ordered the air kit and DPF back exhaust supposed to improve by a couple miles each, I am running a Hypertech tunner with it on the second setting. The banks 6 gun for 08' is ready for release they are having issuse with the 91 pin connector to the ECM. Thats what the sales department told me anyway. I tried all the chips tunners for my 05 and banks is the only way to fly, they do the most testing on the market when they release it, it is ready to rip. I could put 4 wheels in smoke with my 05, 35" toyo open country.

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I pulled the travel trailer out to Burnt Timber and back on the weekend and averaged about 9mpg with the 08 SD. I sure hope it gets better but what a truck to drive, you do not even feel the trailer behind and there is lots of power.

Attachments

• DSCF0269 (Medium).jpg
    DSCF0269 (Medium).jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0271 (Medium).jpg
    DSCF0271 (Medium).jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 54

DIYtruckoutfit

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
I find it ridiculous how they are trying to get better emissions but burning more fuel, does the more fuel you burn mean more emissions not just in the vehicle burning this but also in producing more fuel. I would think that it should be going the other way, better emissions means less fuel burning to me???
:confused::confused::confused:

Bryan

Reaction score
OK everyone !!
Cummins all the way. My 07, 5.9l 1 ton Dodge, with a predator chip is pushing 24- 25mpg (9.5l/100) on the highway @ around 118 kmh, if I am down to 105 kmh believe it or not I drop to 21 - 22. Pulling my 28' holiday trailer with 2 quads on the deck it suck down to 15 mpg, with power to spare. Now at Idle in this cold weather, ouch!:rant:

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 08 F350 is a amazing truck to drive but ya id does like fuel, i chipped mine at 6000km and went from 16 to 18-19 depending on how fast im goin, and what setting im in,
pullin my 28foot 5er 11000#'s loaded i get 12mpg but i set my cruze at 110 and pass when i catch some one and pass with ease.
I think you will love the truck and it will get better mialage than your 6L gas pot.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best milage i've seen is on 01 cummins 20-25mpg up to 120km/h, worst is on 08 ford dually 4mpg pulling four place and not much better on it's own. My 07 duramax is alright average if you will, none of them are great on fuel just a must for pulling.

Top Bottom