2008 dragon 800 problem looking for help

crookedkbw

Reaction score
second trip out this season and it starts acting up !
used to be able to fire up one pull, now have to touch the throtle to start and if i let go she will die any ideas? other then burning it to the ground for insurance lol!
icon33.gif

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get your TPS set. Mine was the same way until I got the TPS set, one pull start every time and stays running.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TPS=throttle position sensor. It's my understanding that it senses how much throttle is being used, then sends different amounts of voltage to the computer, the computer then adds certain amounts of fuel,air,oil in accordance to the position of the throttle. Strongly recommend getting it adjusted on the dragon, got mine done and it was a night and day difference, idled a lot better and way better throttle response. Take it to your local Polaris dealer to get it set

crookedkbw

Reaction score
So unlucky it wasn't a Tps! It's a loss of compression in one cylinder. They said options are to rebuild the piston or something else ( crankcase I think was the other). They want to charge over 800$ for this rebuild and they aren't even sure if that is going to fix it anything! any opinions? To top it off I just bought this sled from cycle works Calgary who's salesman said the engine was rebuild last spring! After this crap i will never get anything from cycle works and Polaris is close to being cut off from my friends and family as well!

crookedkbw

Reaction score
anyone know of any telltale signs if it would be the top end or bottom end without having to open it up ie. any sounds or rpm ranges etc.? i got 110psi on one side the mag side is 35psi

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Mag piston failed,very common with 800's.Pull off Y pipe and have a look at the piston or just pull the cyl and order the Fix kit and have the cyl honed reinstall and giver.

Top Bottom