2008 Apex MTX

doober

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Apex MTX and was wondering where abouts my belt should be riding on my clutch? I looked today and it is about even with the top of my clutch, should it be a tad higher or is that about right on an Apex? Thanks. Also looking for some clutching advice, I put in a 19 tooth top gear and it was fine, then I put on a Chellenger extreme and now I seem to be hitting my limiter pretty easy. Any advice? Just throw more weight on it or is there something better I could do? It is all stock besides the track and gear change.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it were me i'd put a shockwave on my secondary. then u can adjust rpm up and down depending on riding coditions and stuff. u might still need to put more weight on your primary. your belt should be a couple mm's above the sheive on your secondary. have you ever put on a new belt? they do last forever! lol

also it doesnt make sense to me that your hitting your rev limiter after putting on the cx track??? maybe you just didnt have enough snow under your track? were u spinning lots?

doober

Reaction score
The CX track is lighter than the stock track, that is my guess as to why. That and the gear change possibly together are the culprit?

doober

Reaction score
Do you happen to know what the different holes in the secondary are for, I know you can move the spring into them but I dont know what that accomplishes.

Top Bottom