2008 800r Summit Issues

croc_j2001

Reaction score
Recently purchased used sled. Have a couple of issues I was hoping to get some help with. My fuel gauge seems to only work when it wants to. Shows empty with fuel light on most of the time even though it is full.

Second happened recently, seems to bog in deep snow, almost like going down to one cylinder. When giving full throttle is fine but at half throttle or so it would cut in and out. Thought it may be freezing up so pulled it into the heated garage over night and next day was fine for a while until carving in deep snow for a while and the problem happened again. When this happens, the throttle seems to be sticking a bit and when throttle is released sled will still move along for a few seconds before coming down to idle.

Could I be taking on snow somewhere into the engine maybe? Not too sure what it could be.

thanks

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, the fuel gauge never worked on those XP's. Just ride a half day, top it up and keep riding. They are good on fuel, so no need to worry.

As for the bogging, there are a few things that help:
the SLP airbox vent,
14-129.jpg

Some put in flo-rites and add flexible duct to the airbox from the top of the hood
pictures3621Small.jpg pictures3616Small.jpg

Some put the flo-rites in the back of the lower airbox.

CIMG2610.jpg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2

Needs it all..

way to restrictive stock

sent while I should be drinking tea's

croc_j2001

Reaction score
i recently added an mbrp can as well. will this also increase my need for intake mods?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope

No can increases flow.... Most loose it lol

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
tex is right on the can…. believe it or not that chamber is designed to work with that stock silencer. the wiring for the fuel gauge is located under the tank, the wiring rubs through and then it is damaged.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you put your carb heaters on its a little red valve beside the driven clutch i have to burp 2010 when i fill it the pump cause you think you have a full tank and you don't surprise you get when you unload and all you have is half a tank

croc_j2001

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for all the info. This is my first Skidoo and not familiar with all the features. My valve for the carbs was closed. I will give it a try with it on. Is it just the one valve for both carbs? Should it matter if I just leave it open all the time?

Thanks

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes not open all the time

If it's cold, I used to run mine 1/2 open

Top Bottom