2007 summit x-rs

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
reading aroun and everyone say the track on these sleds suck...is it only bad on the 151 and better on the 159? or both same

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode with a 07 159 challenger lite today in over 3 ft powder, wasn't doing so good. He was trenching the whole time. I believe it was on all the X package sleds only (159 and 151")

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah it dont matter what length the track is those ones sck.. as the guy before said what they do is dig really big trenches..

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh...are the sleds themselves any good once they have had the updates done? maybe looking at one for next winter

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh...are the sleds themselves any good once they have had the updates done? maybe looking at one for next winter

If you change out the track and get good clutching in them they work very well.. They are also really good candidates for the 860 kit.. I did lots of them last winter and they worked really well..

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it just kinda on the drawing board to see if ill get one...the money is the big part haha...how much are these sleds worth?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it just kinda on the drawing board to see if ill get one...the money is the big part haha...how much are these sleds worth?

Depends but there were lots of them in the us for sale for like 6G earlier this summer.. they might be cheaper now with the economy down there the way it is..

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A cat track won't work cuz its 15" wide and the Doo track is 16". I would say a better track is the 2 1/4'' x 16''x151 or 159" challenger.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could put a new cat track on it but you'd have to change the drivers as the xrs track is 2.52pitch and the cat track is 3.0 pitch.. But the cat track is only 15wide instead of 16 wide.. So if you have to buy 3.0 pitch drivers anyways i'd put the camoplast extreme track on which is 2.5"lug instaed of 2.313" lug and is still 16 wide.. Those extreme tracks work really well..

Last edited:

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wonderg if it would be a good sled for me? im 140-150lbs been riding for a few years...i have heard im quite the rider(not been co**y)...just inputs plesae

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wonderg if it would be a good sled for me? im 140-150lbs been riding for a few years...i have heard im quite the rider(not been co**y)...just inputs plesae

The issue that they had with cranksearly in '07 was due to the center oil cavity in the cases not being primed properly, so the center gear on the crank that runs your oil pump and water pump would wear out then take out motor... But for the most part if the motor lasted for 500km's you should be good to go.. As for the rollers in the clutch yah they were junk, but the ones that we used last year were about 120.00/set.. And we found that after we changed the clutching in them that they worked well.. I know that a member on here hagmanmod1 has one of those sleds( he now has a 860 kit on it from specialty) And his worked well for him before the 860 kit and still works well.. he didnt have to open the hood at all..

smash

Reaction score
I bought my 07 xrs 151 out of utah last december put on about 1200 miles still no problems but I think I could use some clutch work I am in red deer any recomendations on someone around here to set this thing up properly for me.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my 07 xrs 151 out of utah last december put on about 1200 miles still no problems but I think I could use some clutch work I am in red deer any recomendations on someone around here to set this thing up properly for me.

I'm not sure who is in the red deer area.. But if you called specialty they could send you a clutch kit or i could send you one... And then most any good sled shop could install it or if you have the tools to take things off and apart you could possibly do it yourself..

smash

Reaction score
I have the tools to do the clutch but what else should I be looking at doing to set it up properly. I was looking at putting in clutch clickers. I can fix the thing but I am not real good when it comes to tuning or maintenance.
any other adjustments I should be looking at.

sorry about the thread hijack its kinda on the same topic:)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the tools to do the clutch but what else should I be looking at doing to set it up properly. I was looking at putting in clutch clickers. I can fix the thing but I am not real good when it comes to tuning or maintenance.
any other adjustments I should be looking at.

sorry about the thread hijack its kinda on the same topic:)

What you want to do is put better rollers in, different primary spring, cnage weight in pins(use an allen wrench), install quick clickers.. And depending on what helix is in the secondary clutch change that out aswell.. Then when you have it apart you just clean it all really well check for any cracks or bushings that are loose that sort of stuff and you'll be good to go..

smash

Reaction score
thnaks glen I am going to be in olds tommorrow might have to pick up some parts.
I will have to be sure to break something in mcbride this year :d

Top Bottom