2007 800r motors

spitfire

Reaction score
I have posted my 2007 summit x for sale in the skidoo classifieds. I have had some inquiries and typically get asked if it has the updated motor. It is still the original with 2800 km. Is there any way that I can validate whether or not it is one of the engines with a crank bearing issue. Thanks

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope they all had the issue but some were ok looks too me you got one of the ones that was ok but that doesnt mean it will be fine you have that has 2800 km on it....

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thought i had one of the good ones last season when it was at 2800 and then boom center crank bearing piled up, think it might be a ticking time bomb

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what's a 2007 x 151 x with 2800 kilo (mint) worth???????

2007 xrs, engine blew up 2900 km, As far as the sled I do not know it would be much more than 6500-7. I have to keep my 07 xrs forever now that engine, clutching, venting, gearing and track have been changed to make it work right. Just my 0.02

clintonk

Reaction score
2007's didn't have thermostats, all the rest do.... when the sleds are run in deep pow, they do a cold seize, hot inside block, cool outer block.... Installed a thermostat in my head right from the start. I check my craftshaft bearing spec every year, and its still like new....

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2007's didn't have thermostats, all the rest do.... when the sleds are run in deep pow, they do a cold seize, hot inside block, cool outer block.... Installed a thermostat in my head right from the start. I check my craftshaft bearing spec every year, and its still like new....

Cold siezing generally considers the expansion of the cylinder vs piston. Not crank..

I think you are talking about a different problem.

08's had the weak drive shafts that snapped and tinfoil frames.... lol

Jason

Reaction score
Another 800R crank!! My son has an 07 800r and was riding the other day, he said the machine was running good and they stopped for a couple of minutes to gab and when he went to fire it up it was seized right solid. I pulled the top end off and pistons and cylinders are good but crank is rock solid. Looked into the crank and everything looks good(no fillings or pieces) so I'm assuming crank bearings. I have never worked on one before so I was wondering what the best way to go about this would be. Trying to save my son some$$$$ by doing it our selves. Should I just send the crank away to someone? If so who would you guys recommend? Any ideas as to costs for this?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's b.s.

I had a temp gauge on my 07 with out the t stat. Never seen temp swings....

Yes from what I've seen the 08s have some of the same issues with the inner bearings as the 07 ... Some sooner some later.

Look at lots of the used ones for sale

2500 to 4000 km and have short blocks in them

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another 800R crank!! My son has an 07 800r and was riding the other day, he said the machine was running good and they stopped for a couple of minutes to gab and when he went to fire it up it was seized right solid. I pulled the top end off and pistons and cylinders are good but crank is rock solid. Looked into the crank and everything looks good(no fillings or pieces) so I'm assuming crank bearings. I have never worked on one before so I was wondering what the best way to go about this would be. Trying to save my son some$$$$ by doing it our selves. Should I just send the crank away to someone? If so who would you guys recommend? Any ideas as to costs for this?

My and my buddys 07 mag inner bearings went last year. I had 700 miles on what I was told from the Doo dealer the updated motor under warranty, his was the org with 2400 km....
Took both out at the same time and sent the bottom ends to Mots machineing in st Albert. 1000 each for new Doo cranks and the case mods to fix them

350 for mcb pistons and slamed them in...
I checked prices on short blocks from Doo...
No warranty unless a dealer puts it in..:eek:
So i asked what its cost to install??
They told me 6 hrs. I'm like Wtf. It didn't take 6 hrs to remove both engines and disasambley of both bottom ends...
I said I just need it put in
So 600 for warranty???

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
This link seems to be broken. Is it really going to be $1000 just to redo the crank in this thing even though it didn't grenade?

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have always used cvtech-aab in quebec. never had any issues. runs about $600 for a reman crank.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have always used cvtech-aab in quebec. never had any issues. runs about $600 for a reman crank.

I've used cv tech a few years ago
. Unless u like being a test dummy for cheap China bearings do it. I had 5 months and 310 miles and it sized. They said the bad ones they had went in the first 250 miles and a month .... I got the crank done in Feb. Rode it twice in Nov and boom. Plus cv tech don't do the case mod

This link seems to be broken. Is it really going to be $1000 just to redo the crank in this thing even though it didn't grenade?

Yes its 800 for a Doo crank. Then 200 for the case mod and to get runout set to nill.
Don't cheap out on this cause u will be mad at your self. What's a heliride worth. About a crank job...

Last edited:

ioio

Reaction score
Here's a link to a thread with pictures to show the difference between the 07 800R block and the upgraded 08 800R block.

07 800R cases compared to XP 800R cases - DOOTalk Forums

I guess you have to sign in to DooTalk to see these. Here's the easiest one to see with the engine in the machine.
This is the upgraded 08 block in an 07.
post-64047-0-57110400-1321507845.jpg

Here's the stock 07 block picture.
post-64047-0-12760100-1321508090.jpg

Thanks to rev_rider800 on DooTalk for the photos.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Retail on the 07 is around $6,000 to $7,000 on an XRS

Vehicle Retail Values check your sleds here, the prices this thing dishes out are close to what people are selling them for.
those guides do not factor in what are KNOWN issues. those prices are for the suckers (sorry OP) that have no idea the '07 800R in it's original form is a ticking time bomb. no way in hell anyone that knows about the issues will pay a black book price for an original 800R in an '07. even if it's a good one that hasn't blown up yet.

nielsy

Reaction score
all cranks from cv-tech has japanese bearings now they used to be sh.. bearings

Top Bottom