2006 RM 125, Need help

adamadam

Reaction score
Hey,

I have a 2006 RM 125 and the bike does not shift into 2nd gear, it takes like 3 to 4 tries to get into 2nd and sometimes once i do get into 2nd it will fall out.

I pulled the clutch basket off and the shift pin gear (not sure what it is called) looks good it all looks brand new. I'm not sure if i need a new tranny or some new gears? I'd like to know because its going to be some work to get inside of the tranny.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't help you with a diagnosis but I have rebuilt those bottom ends before and the trans is really straight forward so it should be easy to spot the problem once you have the case split.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More then likely something is wrong between the cases. Possible bent shift fork or bent synchro. I've done a few of those in my day. Let me know if your looking for someone to do it for you. Lol I do stuff like that on the side. I work here in ft mac, live in g.p.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do a search on thumpertalk those bikes famous for that,,,i was reading up on it a few yrs ago and theres an easy fix,,we found if u didnt try n slam it in 2nd it would go in gear every time

adamadam

Reaction score
I looked at the shift fork and it seems to be fine. I've heard that the sides of the gears get round down and need to be filled. The bike has just been super reliable up until end of last year.

shawn.t

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ive got the same bike, same year, 2nd gear is notorious for going out on them. Is it popping out of 2nd or just not going in? Is it fine in the other gears?

Top Bottom