2006 rev 800 151 suspension problem

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday my rear suspension became very soft. When I push down on it it does not come back up unless I lift it, and even if it does it still drops back down about 1/2 way. I have hit a bunch of bigger jumps with hard landings over the past couple weeks... maybe I damaged something? I have greased what ever I can and checked all nuts bolts and connections and they all seem to be alright. Anybody have any answer's?

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The springs looked fine no cracks. Is there a simple way to test them? Or can they be adjusted? The limiter straps are quite loose aswell... should they have tension at all times (they are on the longest setting). The track feels a little loose... not sure if that would affect the suspension?

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the limiter wont effect the rear from sagging neither will track tension,the springs lift the rear up but the shock can effect it,usually change the shock and should be good to go,if it was a 08 or 09 they sag approx. 2" but wont effect the ride or performance

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx. Ya it feels like it just needs that little extra bit to help it stay up.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it survived fine when I took it off the jump in my avatar <<<<<<<<<---------------------- I guess I'm just smoother than you :beer:

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the revs tend to break the springs around the shocky, but because of the rubber boot you can't see enough of the springs to see if they are broken. if your limiter strap is loose I'm guessing this. happened to me. lift the rear of the sled and see if there is any play and loose bits of the springs.
let us know how you get on

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ill lift her up and look at the springs a little closer. thx.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also check your throttle rod linkage in the skid. If you've lost a bolt out of it, your skid will be able to shift back and be really soft.

Yes - this comment is from experience.

Top Bottom