2005 skidoo summit 800

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes a good sled, make sure it hasn't been beat up. check over the tunnel, brakes, oil drips etc. if it looks like it has been taken care of u should be good. stay away from anything that has been trashed, if it looks warn out it usually is.

rgashkei

Reaction score
I have an 05 and and 06, pretty much the same sled. Have 2500 miles on the 05 and still runs great and looks mint. Have 3000 miles on the 06 with no issues at all.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good sleds, if they have more than 4000 km's on them they are a ticking time bomb. Make sure the front end is straight as they tend to twist / tweak pretty easy. Other than that if it is a good one they are are a super fun sled and 05 / 06 was the best year for them.

summitguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's in good shape I'd go for it , I have an 07 with new motor and love it buddy has a 07 to with 8000km on it

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Check out the Front A-Arms and if there is a proportionate gap between the shock and A-Arms. If the top A-Arm is almost touching the shock spring open the hood and side panels, you will be looking for cracks in the sub frame (Flying Nun) for the front suspension. It usually happens where them aluminium was bent to form the structure. The frame is worth 350 bucks so you can use that as a bargaining tactic.

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 800 doos from that era plagued with some ring flaking and locater pin issues from that era. I would doo a compression check and follow any of the other tips mentioned in the thread. I owned 3 800 revs and loved them. I would recommend looking at a few different ones and taking your time making a decision. Those sled were super popular so there are lots of used ones out there. Out of that era the 06 was the best of the bunch so I would keep my eyes open for one of those, but if the 05 is clean and checks out well you cant go wrong either. I cant stress enough with the ho motors how important good fuel is. If you have access to av I would run a little bit for every tank. My buddy ran av in his ho and that thing has probably aroung 10000 miles on it now and still running strong. Probably 6-8000 on crank and maybe 4-5000 on pistons.

Top Bottom