2005 1000 stat

nosnow

Reaction score
could anyone help me?I just put a 800 stat in my 05 1000 summit,but now when i start it up and it idles for 1 min my temp warning light and alarm comes on.(in my shop) is this norm or am i missing something? thanks....:confused::confused:

Attachments

• 271.jpg
    271.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 91

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hows the antifreeze level? Sounds like you may have an air bubble in the system.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of the install? You do realize that the engine will warm up much quicker with the thermostat installed? Although it should idle longer than 1 minute before overheating.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of the install? You do realize that the engine will warm up much quicker with the thermostat installed? Although it should idle longer than 1 minute before overheating.

1 minute is pure steam, hard on the head. Verify coolant and trick the puter. Make the same resistance with something useless like a kids i-pod. Usually handy attached to white wires and rocking back and forth!

nosnow

Reaction score
how long should it take be for the alarms start going off? engine is just luke warm to the touch...

nosnow

Reaction score
not sure what you mean by trick the computer anti is good lifted the front up 24" and fire it up and ran it ,don't think there is air in system.think it's something todo with the stat
it opens at 110 i think not sure what the computer values are for warnings???

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could anyone help me?I just put a 800 stat in my 05 1000 summit,but now when i start it up and it idles for 1 min my temp warning light and alarm comes on.(in my shop) is this norm or am i missing something? thanks....:confused::confused:

No that is not normal, is there a bend or restriction in the pipe somewhere?

take line off at the back and make sure there is coolant there, and bleed off any air that might be in there. sometimes it will trap a bubble at the back of the cooler if you don't get the front high enough, one cooler will heat up but won't circulate through. Sounds like something is wrong with the flow maybe, 1 min the cooler should not be warm yet, put a thermometer in the overflow bottle or put an in-line coolant gauge in to verify the actual temp, if the temp is good, then disconnect the alarm. Did you change the gauge or anything? If you did, then you need a different sender in the head, which could be your problem.

SummitCrazy

Reaction score
Thermostat in backwards??? Keep us up to date. Going to mill the head for thermostat on my sled this summer also.

cdnsleddog

Reaction score
I installed the 800R tstat in mine also. Installed autometer temperature guage. Thermostat opens at 110F, stable at 120 all day long. On hard pack riding into the play areas had the temp up to 150F on the guage before the alarm goes off. What you are seeing is not normal. I expect you have a defective temperature sender or your wiring is buggered up.
You will enjoy the extra power with thermostat addition.

nosnow

Reaction score
Thanks for all your input to my problem,still have not fixed. but i think it might be a defective temperature sender. going to order a new one.Thank's again to all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom