2001 XR 200R what are your thoughts?

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well here it is had no plans on getting another bike right away but one kind of fell in my lap... its a 2001 XR 200R and from what I understand is a great bike. I will be using it for trails and the beach to ride with my better half on a 150F. My old 04 CRF 250R was just way to much bike to ride with her 2nd gear and I am gone. Any thought or advice would be great, things to look for with these bikes, good price etc

The bike needs for sure

foot peg
new brakes
possibly tires
a full tune up (been sitting for over a year)

Thanks for any help you have!!

Shifty

Attachments

• Sleds for sale 019.jpg
    Sleds for sale 019.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 36

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awsome bikes and dam near bullit proof,my wife rides a 2000 xr 200,soft suspension and shes 5'4" 112 lbs and loves it,simple valve adjustment and timming chain adjustments,with an oil change and the go forever
HONDA POWER:d

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awsome bikes and dam near bullit proof,my wife rides a 2000 xr 200,soft suspension and shes 5'4" 112 lbs and loves it,simple valve adjustment and timming chain adjustments,with an oil change and the go forever
HONDA POWER:d

Thanks for the info thats exactly what the plan was ride it for a year move the bride into it and then maybe another 250 F for me next year! Anything I need to watch for and whats a good price range for this bike was thinking 1800- 2500

Last edited:

winterax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out ThumperTalk, they've got a lot of good stuff on 4 strokes.

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That bike should last until 2020.

Thanks guys ended up picking it up as it was too good a deal to pass! The better half already said she would try this one as my CRF was just too intimidating. So maybe next year she will take it over and I can get another big bike, but for this summer thinkin it will make a perfect trail runner that I can run slow enough to pace the 150F! She already has a trip planed for us so looking forward to some relaxing rides just stoked she is on board for another set of toys!

Shifty

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend rides her dad's old 96 XR200. Sweet bike, super smooth, and it's tough to stall. All good for the 150F pace inthe woods.

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well had the XR out with the 150 and man what a perfect match keeps pace nice no bog or stall! Love this bike talk about turn key first or second kick every time and still has a decent fun factor!

Thanks Shifty

Top Bottom