2000 yamaha grizzly raising from the dead

joeno3

Reaction score
hey man email me what you have i may be interested... joeno3 @ yahoo.com

thanks

joeno3

Reaction score
THE GRIZZ LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I COULDNT BELIEVE IT I WIRED UP THE THE PICKUP COIL AND HIT THE STARTER AND 1 SPARK AND THEN IT QUIT.. I WAS LIKE CRAP FIRE!! THEN I REMEMBERED READING THAT IT WOULD'NT FIRE WITH A WEAK BATTERY SO I LOOKED AT THE PULL STARTER AND THEN I YANKED IT AND BOOM BRIGHT BLUE SPARK!!!! THIS FAT BOY WAS SWINGING FROM THE RAFTERS!!! LOL:eek:

NOW I NEED SOME TIRES AND AIR FILTER AND OIL CHANGE AND 1 CV BOOT AND ILL BE READY TO RIDE...

joeno3

Reaction score
well got the grizz the actually run and it sounded good,, now im gonna have to tear into the carb and clean it out..

joeno3

Reaction score
after cleaning all the peanut brittle out of the carb i got the grizz running pretty good.. i finally got to drive it!! i need to adjust the carb, its running a little lean and i have a oil leak to fix, but i finally drove it!!!! man! no man human or beast can pull start this thing!!!:realmad: geesh its a bear to pull start!

joey

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
start eating your wheaties, there is a knack you have to find tdc on compression before pull stsarting, makes it easier.

joeno3

Reaction score
Son, there is nothing easy about pull starting this thing.. Im buying a new battery lol

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never said it was, just easier if you find top dead center on the fireing stroke, before you giver a mighty heav ho. if a 16 yr old can do it so can you. :p:d:d

friggin alot easier with the battery thou.:d

joeno3

Reaction score
the grizz is really comming together. thanks for all the help! i recovered the seat with black marine vinyle and bought a new rear oversize rack and put it on.. i cant wait to take it on its first ride!!!

joeno3

Reaction score
well i finally got the ole grizz running good it idles good and takes full throttle good and has gobs of power but my midrange is a little rich not enough to hurt but i can tell its a little rich idle is right on and full throttle it good. any ideas? i even leaned the needle a notch... grizzlyalmost.jpg

joeno3

Reaction score
onto a new project a 1991 suzuki 250 quadrunner for the kids it has independent suspension in and out 4 wheel drive high and low range and electric start.. pretty decent quadfor what a payed for it.. quadrunner.jpg

joeno3

Reaction score
here she is put new decals on and a new battery the ole grizz runs like a top now..

Attachments

• mygrizz.jpg
    mygrizz.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 185

TCCK

Reaction score
Website
www.yourcomputertech.biz
I have a 99 Grizzly 600 so the same era and it is a damn good dependable machine. It goes everywhere!!

075cc114.jpg

27" Mudlites on ITP aluminum rims, stock exhaust needs to be replaced as it just got a hole and I am looking at installing a slip on HMF with a bit of growl to it. Hey its a GRIZZLY, its meant to GROWL !!

Since this picture I added a Super Winch Terra 35 and a rear bag (Black, Mountaineering)

joeno3

Reaction score
hey ive been rideing the grizz a while now and ive got one small issue, when it gets up to operating temp it idles perfect and takes full throttle perfect but it stumbles right off idle.. any suggestions? grizzly222.jpg

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clean your carb and make sure you don't have any leaks on the intake boot. Could also try turning your idle up a little.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom