2000 yamaha grizzly raising from the dead

joeno3

Reaction score
well i have a 2000 yamaha grizzly 600 and it has no spark.. everyone has said it is the cdi but there is still the coil and and magnetto and rectifier..anyone know how to test these things? or will one of you just fix it for me.? lol:d

joey

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
well i have a 2000 yamaha grizzly 600 and it has no spark.. Everyone has said it is the cdi but there is still the coil and and magnetto and rectifier..anyone know how to test these things? Or will one of you just fix it for me.? Lol:d

joey

i had same thing on mine..... Ended having another member from this site with a similar grizz 600 lend lend me his cdi and the quad ran.......... All the tests kept pointing to the cdi, but they are a little pricey and i didn't want to guess.....i got a new one from cdi inc from quebec...... Cheapest around.

joeno3

Reaction score
CAN U MAIL ME YOUR CDI SO I CAN TEST MINE ?:alol2:

WHAT IS THE WEB ADDRESS FOR THE CDI INC. ?

JOEY

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would check the kill switch circuit,.

PM me your email,.. I copied an image from a 98 service manual but it should be the same that I will send to you.

joeno3

Reaction score
it is j o e n 0 3 @ y a h o o . c o m without the spaces.. and thanks!!!

joey

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was sent back to me 3 times, it could be yahoo because it's a jpeg and not rar'd. I have to go to work,.. but will try again when I get home if you don't get it already.

joeno3

Reaction score
here it is 28" zillas and naked:eek: like the tractor supply muffler?? lol

Attachments

• grizzly600.jpg
    grizzly600.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 192

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is one of those cdi units worth anyway. i have a box of parts sitting in the shop for an 98 600 grizz.

Last edited:

joeno3

Reaction score
evedently quite a bit for the 600 grizz's cdi box, you can pickup a late model 660 grizz cheap,,,

im kinda tight so i havent bought one yet.. i just wanna make for dern sure that is what it is before i spend that much change...

i know its not the coil, i put the coil on my kids three wheeler and it fires so coil is good...,, all fuses are good.... there is current going into the cdi but only one prong has current out...

hell i dont know what im doing lol

joeno3

Reaction score
got some camoclad put on... not done yet but im getting close

Attachments

• grizzcamo.jpg
    grizzcamo.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 164

joeno3

Reaction score
still havent got it running yet but i think i may have found the problem.. the pulsar coil or pickup coil is not showing any reading so ive ordered a new one ive got my fingers crossed.. ive read that this is the most commen problem with the old yamaha's .. :rant:

Top Bottom