20/21 Invermere and Area conditions

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. Did some thing new. Went for a ride on Steam boat Mtn. Had a blast 120 miles on old roads. Some had tracks on them others none. Dam good day.
Lots of good riding there when there's enough snow. I've ridden from the gun range to Dunbar lake many times.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deeeeep day and still coming down.
338d35539f42c591fe3ebbf0f9280a76.jpg
5c494a5b02efc8d1b3ea6afcf45da30a.jpg

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. Did some thing new. Went for a ride on Steam boat Mtn. Had a blast 120 miles on old roads. Some had tracks on them others none. Dam good day.

wondering if you could give me some more info on where this is and where to unload etc. Coming next weekend and bringing my girlfriend who has never ridden in the mountains. Going to take her to forester but would
be great if we could find some other riding to do. Been on quite a few roads with quads but have no idea what is doable in the winter on sleds. Thanks

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Busy day yesterday, over 60 sleds.

You can park at the intersection of Horse thief and Westside road. The skidder roads around steam boat go all over, easy to get lost. A GPS is a good thing to have.
Or park at dog leg Lake on West side road. Ride to Forster or Sam's folly lake or all the way to Dunbar lake if you're good at route finding.
A back country road map book will help.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Busy day yesterday, over 60 sleds.

You can park at the intersection of Horse thief and Westside road. The skidder roads around steam boat go all over, easy to get lost. A GPS is a good thing to have.
Or park at dog leg Lake on West side road. Ride to Forster or Sam's folly lake or all the way to Dunbar lake if you're good at route finding.
A back country road map book will help.

Ok perfect I know what your talking about. I have a GPS with the backroad map
books loaded so we are good there. Thanks for the info. How
is the low elevation snow?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok perfect I know what your talking about. I have a GPS with the backroad map
books loaded so we are good there. Thanks for the info. How
is the low elevation snow?
It's pretty good, another storm coming in today with some precipitation and then super cold. Monday -25 night temps.

Fahrns

Reaction score
Anyone been at Rocky Point recently? Icy on the switchbacks? How's parking for heading up the Bugaboo FSR? Just have an open two place trailer. Are they logging up that way on weekends?
Cheers!

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been at Rocky Point recently? Icy on the switchbacks? How's parking for heading up the Bugaboo FSR? Just have an open two place trailer. Are they logging up that way on weekends?
Cheers!
Logging at Kane Creek, road is plowed to there. Could be service guys working on the weekend, never know.
Lots of traffic that direction and there Hasn't been any precipitation for a week.

Top Bottom