2 stroke pre mix

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All you 2 stroke guys, what oil are you running and what ratio are you mixing? Thanks for any info

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I run just plain old yamalube in my kids yz125 at 32:1 like the book says. My brother runs the opti-2 synthetic at 60:1 in his cr250. Hasn't grenaded yet.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
30+ years of using yamalube mineral oil and no failures. Everytime I strayed away to belray, castrol or torco there went a crank. Yep 32:1 and let it puff some blue

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Again Yamalube 2r at 32:1. Gonna mix up a new jerry can today.

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
32:1 with i pone,,,, great oil and it smells like strawberries hah

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I buy it from a local shop in my hometown called prairie Rec supply, If you check on their website im sure it will say local dealers.. once you try it you wont go back, Its all I use in my sleds and my bikes.. also reasonably priced

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always ran opti 2 at the recommend mix rate on the bottle 60:1. Never had a motor failure no oil running out the back
you can grenade a bike just as easy at 32:1 as 60:1 if your jetting is not right spend the time to properly jet the bikes no mater what mix ratio you run along with proper air filter maint it will last a long time

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running Amsoil Dominator @ 50:1 I was interested in trying a different oil. 250mark1 how long have you been running opti 2?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The type/ brand of oil you run can greatly differ based on the type of riding you do as well. It is not mandatory to consider this but it doesn't hurt either.

Each brand can have a range of oils that have different flash points. Some oils have a flash point that are designed to run in the higher rpm range all the time and even specify this on the container. Some are formulated for lower rpm.

Also your mix ratio can be adjusted to your riding conditions. Wide open on the pipe a lot I would run richer. Some bikes like the KTM suggest 60:1 especially when lugging them down low.

32:1 is going to produce a lot of spooge but will certainly protect the internals. Ask 40 people what they use and at what ratio and you will get close to the same amount of answers.

I like a motorex product that is designed for both trail and track. Crosspower I believe its called. I pay a bit more but run it lean and have minimal spooge.

As mentioned your jetting is still very important even on a 2 stroke. Run it rich you increase your spooge and lose performance and may foul plugs. Run it too lean and get on the pipe for a long period no matter what your mix ratio you can pop it.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom