2 place drive on drive off trailer with salt shields???

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying a 2 place drive on drive off 12' trailer with salt shields, wondering which brand or what to go with? Thanks in advance for the input!

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aluma or Triton are the best option IMO.Nice and light,good contruction never rust.

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought an aluma in 07 from flaman.it is a 12' plus the v and has salt shields. they're a nice trailer. think it was about 3500 or so. wanted to get a top cap for it but they didn't make one. triton had them for theirs but i think they stopped making them. think it was about 2 grand or so extra for the cover, if you can find one with it go this route , as the wet tarp thing gets old in a hurry. ski doo dealer in winnipeg had some left over last yr but other than them they were tough to find.next best thing to this for fairly cheap was a toy box trailer. sorry startin to drift a little here haha.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm runnign a 12+2 Newmans Sledbed tandom.

The deck is a bit higher than most sled trailers I found, comparing to my neighbors 10'Aluma trailer. This trailer is supposed to have 8" wheels but is upgraded to 14". Thinking thats why it is higher.

IMG-20121108-00120_zpse3c329a0.jpg

7f9065ea.jpg

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have had my trition for 6 years and never have had a problem,pulls nice,very light,zero complaints with it

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have had my trition for 6 years and never have had a problem,pulls nice,very light,zero complaints with it

I'm thinking they are all pretty much the same....
One thing I did noticed that is different between mine and my neighbors Aluma trailer is how the ski clamps are mounted on the trailer. On my trailer I have two threaded holes. So I only have two places to put my ski clamps. My neighbor's has a grove with a slide so he can put his ski clamps anywhere he wants. But once it snows they get frozen in and you can't move them anyways.

So look at price. Maybe one dealer has LED lights in the trailer, maybe one doesn't. I could not find any other dealer that had tandem axle set up so I couldn't really shop around.....

Edit

Actually some of the salt guards are different. On the Aluma it is a full height front on it and my neighbor cant open both the front ramps at the same time with his tail gate down (he hauls a sled in the box as well). But that works for him because he uses the ramps to drive the sled on and off the truck. With the partial front like on mine you don't have any clearance issues when dropping the ramps. But you couldn't use them to drive a sled from the trailer to the truck box. Something to consider, might not be an issue with everyone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom