1st ride 2011 yam apex with eps!

RIVERSIDE YAMAHA

Reaction score
Website
www.rideriverside.com
Hi guys n` gals. O.K. 1st I`m gonna try and keep this brief. But I`m stoked and really excited to convey my test ride on this new Yamaha Apex. Yesterday I sat through the usual "FACTORY" dealer meeting. The rah, rah we are #1 ect... propaganda. Market share blah, blah...pump up your dealers. The usual that all dealers have to sit through with any OEM. Truth, I had three things on my mind. In order of priority.
a) I smell pizza, when is lunch.
b) I hope Danny does not start to snore.
c) This new sled is not for our market anyway... I`m sure I smell pizza.

Anyway after all the banner waving and chest pounding. I was time to go for a ride. Finally some fresh air. The day could not have been nicer. Warm, blue sky and awesome terrain. (Rocky Mtn. House). There were a selection of sleds as well as the new EPS Apex 2011. The guys from Yamaha are serious sledders and have a few sled celebs in thier ranks. Guys like Randy Swenson for starters. They layed out a great course. Some deeper stuff, tight trails, fast bumpy trails...the kind where if your ski grabs, you do a 90 degree turn directly into the woods.

To be honest, I thought power steering on a sled was reaching a little. Run out of ideas? Why not just put a kick stand on it?

Let me just say this. Have you ever driven an old car with armstrong steering? That is what we are ALL driving now with sleds. The power steering is unreal period. Sure, it makes the steering light and easy. But that is just the start. How about flat cornering with no inside ski lift? Or bump deflection? The control factor in fast bumpy conditions is unreal. You are not fighting against the bars. I first rode a couple "regular armstrong steering" sleds down the fast bumpy sections of trail. I got arm pump trying to keep up. I thought damn these guys are a fast group.

Trading sleds. No arm pump. Must faster through rough sections and totally in control. Simply amazing.

When the Yamaha Grizzly 700 ATV came out with power steering there was a rumble from the whole peanut gallery. Now what OEM does not make a power steering ATV? In fact you can get the Grizzly with or with out power steering. I have never sold a non`power steering model.

This system "EPS" on the new Apex is no after thought. If you hear negative on this sled. The guy talking has not ridden it. No seminar is going to convey riding this machine. They will be available to ride at Yamaha fest 2011. March 27th.

I had so much fun Yesterday. If you want to chew the fat call me! I`ll share my thoughts and opinions with you. They are only my humble opinions. If I sound stoked...I`m still smilling. It`s been awhile since a new sled ready excited me.

THIS JUST IN!! WE HAVE SECURED 2 NEW APEX EPS 2011 MACHINES FOR FEB. 24TH!! LET`S GO RIDE `EM. STILL HAVE TO DETERMINE LOCATION. SOMEWHERE CLOSE TO ST.ALBERT. ANYBODY WANT TO GO TRY THEM? CALL US TO SIGN UP. WE CAN ONLY TAKE SO MANY , SO GET YOUR NAME IN AND BOOK THAT DAY OFF!

Have a great day!
Greg Symbaluk.
780-458-7272 ext.3

Last edited:

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much extra weight are we looking at for the EPS?

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am often at Riverside but the problem is I use the other door.

Last edited:

RIVERSIDE YAMAHA

Reaction score
Website
www.rideriverside.com
YAMAHA APEX 2011 EPS test rides! Feb 24th

THIS JUST IN!! WE HAVE SECURED 2 NEW APEX EPS 2011 MACHINES FOR FEB. 24TH!! LET`S GO RIDE `EM. STILL HAVE TO DETERMINE LOCATION. SOMEWHERE CLOSE TO ST.ALBERT. ANYBODY WANT TO GO TRY THEM? CALL US TO SIGN UP. WE CAN ONLY TAKE SO MANY , SO GET YOUR NAME IN AND BOOK THAT DAY OFF!

RIVERSIDE YAMAHA-SUZUKI

Have a great day!
Greg Symbaluk.
780-458-7272 ext.3

Last edited:

RIVERSIDE YAMAHA

Reaction score
Website
www.rideriverside.com
Hey we can just where bags over our heads. LOL
You can wear anything you like. Just do yourself a favor and be open minded. It really is like adding power steering to a car. Amazing. If you ride this sled and don`t wish this system was on your own pony I would be amazed. Guys n` gals, this really is the next step in sleds. Love the brand or not so much, this system is awesome.

Greg Symbaluk

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can wear anything you like. Just do yourself a favor and be open minded. It really is like adding power steering to a car. Amazing. If you ride this sled and don`t wish this system was on your own pony I would be amazed. Guys n` gals, this really is the next step in sleds. Love the brand or not so much, this system is awesome.

Greg Symbaluk

Sounds like you got some converting to do Greg..............:d:d:d
shouldn t be tough lol

Top Bottom