1998 grizzly 600 project - NO SPARK

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there a bolt in it? my 660 doesnt have any bolts in the manifold. or any holes.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ask terry from ttpowersports if he has anything.

thanks, but i'd never get it in time anyway -- i guess bad planning on my part, and also wrongfully counting on the u.s./canada postal system too much......... Also still waiting for the control arms/ball joint ass'y coming from the states(e-bay).......:(

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Front-end is back together and front tires back on..... Finished putting the back fenders on, and installed camo cover i bought from another member on the site..... Looks better than the faded, scratched green

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Just a quick question, i hope someone can quickly help me out with..... Inside the front clutch hub it's hollow, and it has quite of bit of "grease" inside it..... Gonna be looking into it today, but is that grease supposed to be inside there?? I suspect it's not sealed properly and oil from the engine getting past the seals, or through the bolt hole?? Or its just old water, mixed with a little grease??? The clutch housing was sealed with silicone......

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the primary's on Yamahas are greased ..

what you want to do is clean that out. buy some Yamaha Ultramatic grease and put about a tea spoon " i just scoop my pinky " and put it in the inner corner of each roller lane and shove the roller into it so they cant roll. i also slip alittle grease on the sliders .. and i also squeeze some in the holes on the shaft i just push some in so when its spinning the grease can work its way out and keep things smooth.

so yes in short Yamaha's have grease in the primary :p.

if you need to get details look at grizzhoppers site.

also when you put it back together there is a couple things to make sure. make sure you keep the primary pressed together so the rollers cant fall down and potentially jam in the roller lanes.

also which is semi obvious keep your greasy fingers off the clutch plates lol .. i always clean mine anyways after its on. i just put some cleaner on em and turn them with a rag between the plates.

and lastly before you put it all back together.. you can run the bike without the guard on to make sure the belt climbs all the way up and releases back down without any problems.

GL

oh and PS .. reseal that housing with silicone after a few disassembly's they leak like a siv.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Here's some pics of the grizz........ Blew the left axle seal shile up quading in shuswap, but luckily caught it when we loaded it up after the 1st day..... Put about 55 miles on it the first time out... Ran okay, but leaks a little oil from the cylinder head were it was repaired previously........

Attachments

• Copy (1) of P7310002.jpg
    Copy (1) of P7310002.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Copy (1) of P7310003.jpg
    Copy (1) of P7310003.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 53
  • QUADS AND BC TRIP 2009_006.jpg
    QUADS AND BC TRIP 2009_006.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 44
  • P7310003.jpg
    P7310003.jpg