1997 summit 500 clutching help

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find the summit 500 to high of engagement and want to change the primary spring to a lower start weight. \Any help with clutching will be appreciated.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call a dealer Mike and get the list of optional springs for the TRA out of one of the racing handbooks. I can try and get one for you Monday if you like?

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have thought snopro had all these stored inside his helmet?

Attachments

• traspring[1].pdf
    30.8 KB · Views: 111

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the spring chart, I have that but just need to know the stock one before I pull it apart and what I am going to replace it with. I don't want to just take a shot in the dark and be wrong and waste money on springs.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because DRD one upped me Mike I took it upon myself to get you some information from doo.com. Your stock spring is a pink/white and the part # is 414 991 400. I am having trouble downloading his list for some reason. You will want a spring with the same or similar ending poundage as the stock one but a lower starting poundage than the stock one to get the engagement down some more. If I can get his list downloaded I will look at it and give you some idea's?

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any vintage Doo clutching that can't be made better with a purple/purple and pin weight adjusted to suit?

That 500 has way more spring in it than I would have guessed 230/380

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, thanks, MrSNOWPRO and DRD, I have a purple pink (160-350) sitting in my garage and will go with that. I will get back to you after I get it in.

Top Bottom