1989 ElTigre with 530 No Spark

WILDMIKE

Reaction score
Hi, got a stumper here! My ol faithful quit on me...I was out for a good ride on the ol unit, and it was running great. I was hauling pretty good and had to stop for a moment to warm up a bit. Got off the sled and it idled nicely for about 10-15 seconds and then just died. I went back beside it and gave it a few good pulls but it didn't fire at all. I'm a far way out in the bush so I figure I better get it running again since I'm lazy and don't really want to walk all the way back. I pull the plugs, no spark, being no stranger to sleds, I disconnected the ignition switch and kill switch, still no spark, then I decided to pull the 4 wires from the motor and jumper the brown and black wires, still nothing! So walk back home I did. Then came back with a tow unit and hauled it into my shop. There I tried a new coil and cdi. Still nothing. And I donts see any of the famous carb switches on the sled so I'm pretty much stumped. Haven't tried replacing the stator yet...but like I said befor I'm a little lazy ;)

Any ideas?

I love riding the ol beast so parking it I really don't want to do.

Looking forward to any thoughts and suggestions!

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there should be a trigger for the spark a little box with two wires coming out of it located on the out side of the fly wheel , I think you need a new stator,the triggger is a longshot :cool:

WILDMIKE

Reaction score
I'm kinda figuring it's the stator too.
Just in case it may be the trigger you refer to, any way you can think of to test it?
Thanks TROLLCAT!!:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ohm meter will jump when the metal index on the flywheel passes by it thats the signal it sends to the cdi I might have parts for that

WILDMIKE

Reaction score
Ok, I'll give that a try. Got to pull it back in the shop and give it a try.
I'm not determined enough to play mechanic outside right now. -35C out @ the farm this evening. I'll see what I can do tomorrow after work.
Thanks again!:thumbsup2:

Top Bottom