1985 it 250?

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking at maybe picking one up for a cheep price was woundering how these are for a trail bike not racing just run FSR roads and power line mostly with the family. some bush riding with the guys but nothing exetrme. old school set up for sure but it runs and looks good.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they were a good bike back in the day. air cooled reliable machines.

Reaction score
They are great bikes that run forever I have owned and ridden many old bikes and they have half the issues the new ones have. Maybe not as much power as the new ones but they ride nice and you can have a bad spill or two and they still keep going. I also found they are easier to teach new riders on as they are more forgiving for bad shifts. Just boys have to make sure they don't "injure themselves" on the metal gas tanks...... done that a few times

Price will be $1000 and under for a decent machine then just keep the carb clean and get good spark and she will run forever. Sometimes you do have to do some work on the head but that is unusual.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had an it 200 for a while and loved it. Had pretty decent power.

sled

Reaction score
I have a IT 250 that is blue I think its around a 85 and it has a plastic tank.It is a good trail bike but some times she just does not like to putt around.Seem to like to be in the power band most of the time.I have never played with carb settings,But will be try this soon as I bought my little guy a 50cc to lurn on and Dad wants to be by him when he is riding.So good luck on finding one that is good shape.
Please post some pics when you get the bike.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well sold before I got o it so still looking.... found a odessey with a 440 bomi engine its a 1985 looks not to bad for 500 what are they like

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well sold before I got o it so still looking.... found a odessey with a 440 bomi engine its a 1985 looks not to bad for 500 what are they like

Pick youreself up an old XR250 or 400. I had nothing but headaches with the old 2sroke bikes.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if i could find one in my price range it would be great cash is thight right now may wait till winter and see about buying a year old model that hasnt sold maybe a crf250x or 450x or a ktm 505 or 530 something with off road lights and trail frinedly

Top Bottom