1981 Yamaha Enticer 340

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We finally got to Safastro's hood for paint......not your standard Yammy color!

The little blue et300 was running last nite too...did some ditch banging with that and the ET250 (which I buried in a snow bank :d ).

Gunna be a fun weekend.

SAFASTRO

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pic!!

Yeah, the other night was great in the ditches.......

SAFASTRO

Reaction score
Here's the Enticer clan!!!

EnticerGroup2.jpg

From left to right: Dyslexic's 340, Safastro's son's 300, Safastro's 340, My nephew's 300, Dyslexic's son's 250

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks like a whole lot of fun! Nice when you can go out and play follow the leader with a fairly well matched pack of sleds. When one of them gets stuck at least they are light to lift. Hopefully there will be lots of snow this winter!

yammer

Reaction score
Great sleds! I love the Enticers....we had so many when I was young - Enticers, Exciters....they were always running when others were pulling until they're blue in the face....ha ha.

I just picked up an '81 250....and the guy said it hadn't run for a couple years. Should I bother with the Keihin?...or just move into a different carb? ....if so, which one works for the 250?.....any details would be great...I also have a posting on here with that question and most say DITCH IT!! .....but a mechanic I know said he had so many issues with changing that carbs that he'd never do it again.....cables were binding, and had trouble dialing it in to run good.

I'm so confused what to do...I guess it comes down to how good you are with retrofitting.

Thoughts ????

yammer

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOVE the ET250 now that I threw a 34mm mikuni carb into it. Take off the Keihn and throw it in the garbage - keep the angled aluminum piece though.

Jetting 220 main, 30 should be ok on the pilot. Grab the Mikuni single fuel pump, pull off the airbox and use a uni-pod filter, pre-mix 50:1 or 40:1 whatever you like, get a universal throttle cable cord and your good to go. I can put pictures up. Starts two pulls every single time. I'm currently changing the flywheel thingy and the main gas line so it's in a bit of a shambles right now til my part comes.

I got everything from Dennis Kirk. This was the spec Carb:

Dennis Kirk Part #: 1655
SPECIFICATIONS:
Spigot OD: 40 mm
Bell OD: 58 mm
Main Jet: 330
Pilot Jet: 30
Air Jet: 0.5
Needle Jet: 159 Q-2
Jet Needle: 6DH2
Throttle Slide: 2.5
Choke Type: Cable

Cheers!

Where in Sask are ya? We spent Christmas at my Grandpa's farm ditch bangin old Cats, Polaris' and MotoSkis.

CRF230LKEL

Reaction score
I bought an enticer 340, and exciter 440 for the kids.
Both are greay sleds, and a lot of fun.
You ever want to have a blast, take them up to the mountain, and you and all your pals pick a hill, and you each get 1 run on it, and highest mark wins.
Sure it will not climb worth crap compared to the big sleds we are used to riding, but thats half the fun.
A hill you would not even hit WOT on to climb, will now have you using your riding skills to get 10 or 20 percent of the way up it. :d

SAFASTRO

Reaction score
This may sound kinda weird, but I'm currently sitting on the beaches of Hawaii dreaming of ditch bangin the ol 340 back home. I love Enticers!!! Only 9 days left here in the 28C weather, and back home rippin it up!

SAFASTRO

Reaction score
Why can't we be getting snow like the east??? Our snow is melting! :nono:

ClassicChrysler

Reaction score
Here are a couple photos of my friends and I out riding this past weekend.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 240
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 236
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 235

SAFASTRO

Reaction score
Nice bunch of sleds you've got there. But who snapped the ski? hehe :realmad:
DYSLEXIC and I were out a few days ago, and man are these things a blast to ride in the ditches! We found a nice fence line with tonnes of drifts and played for quite some time. My nephew was startin to tear it up a bit as well on the 250.......what a great time!!
After we mod the tracks this summer, we'll be taking them to Cataract next year. For this year it's just hitting snow banks and ditches.

SAFASTRO

Reaction score
Well......I guess I'm officially an Enticer addict! I just bought another 300 Deluxe. :d

Pics to come!

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I just scored myself this baby. Not sure if it's an 80 or 81. Just got to find time in the next couple weeks to pick her up and add her to my yamaha farm.
4ac696af-ada1-694d.jpg

Top Bottom