1977 John Deere wear bars

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to buy wear bars for a 1977 John Deere 300. I haven't bought **** for old sleds in many years, don't even know where to find a part number for this old piece of iron.

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to buy wear bars for a 1977 John Deere 300. I haven't bought **** for old sleds in many years, don't even know where to find a part number for this old piece of iron.

Well forget about getting them from a jd dealer. Everything’s obsolete. Maybe try measuring them and getting some generic ones from rec supply

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well forget about getting them from a jd dealer. Everything’s obsolete. Maybe try measuring them and getting some generic ones from rec supply

Ya, just don't know what the aftermarket dealer are anymore. I tried googling it and found MFG Supply, but for $20 of parts it was $52 shipping.

You mean cleats for track never heard of metal wear bars

metal wear bars for the skis. Also known as carbides, but carbides have, well Carbide.

You got a sled down in Memphis?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try Recreational Powersports in Edmonton.
Any hot rod sled shop in Calgary or Red Deer should be able to set you in the right direction.
Worst case is take ski off and go to welding shop and they will make you a pair to fit ski mount hole centers and curve of ski - make a few sets.
If you have an old wear bar just take that in.

Last edited:

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Royal but 50 bucks plus shipping
Dennis Kirk 53 bucks plus shipping

Any snowmobile wreckers close to you?

johnny cash

Reaction score
Oh I see them wear bars, I have a few cleats from a 1972 arctic cat I rode that puppy before I went to Nashville

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Royal but 50 bucks plus shipping
Dennis Kirk 53 bucks plus shipping

Any snowmobile wreckers close to you?
Dennis Kirk has a 23 buck set as well
But US so be expensive to ship.

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
make em,.i have made hundreds in my 50 yrs of sledding. get some 3/8 cold rolled and some 3/8 bolts. cut the heads off and weld on to the cold rolled.wallaa. if you were in Whitecourt.area.could make some for ya.

That's probably the best advice ^^^
For my Liquifire, I searched for the right size but came up empty, so we just modified another set that I had and made it fit.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not my sled, I was fixing up for a friend. I don't want to hassle my welder (Prop Masters) for something stupid like this. Ended up emailing Sled Parlour and they are bringing me in a set. Thanks all for the recommends.

Top Bottom