163 X 3" CE vs 174 X 2.5" CE - Opinions

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it created all that pressure, water would be coming out of the tunnel, or at least snow compressed to ice.

GIVER at full speed, Let off the throttle, and jam the brakes. Flip sled on the side and see if you can stick your hand up there.

My theory is that if you have less clearance, you have more ecfficiency (less snow to stick to tunnel, less weight, less air to move) Look at a vacuum when it gets less air, the rpm increases.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it created all that pressure, water would be coming out of the tunnel, or at least snow compressed to ice.

GIVER at full speed, Let off the throttle, and jam the brakes. Flip sled on the side and see if you can stick your hand up there.

My theory is that if you have less clearance, you have more ecfficiency (less snow to stick to tunnel, less weight, less air to move) Look at a vacuum when it gets less air, the rpm increases.

I agree with that. I think the 3" lug depth leaves more than enough room to move the amount of snow required.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And what are you doing with a vacuum?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cleaning my house. I know you get your mom to clean your room.

What do you do with a vacuum? does your mom get mad?

Jeff K

Reaction score
Don't to modify the belt drive (chain case) to run 7 tooth 3" pitch drivers either. Avid has drivers with the extroverts offset to the outside...

View attachment 139763

You DO have to modify the chaincase on the 2011/12 Pro RMK sleds as the Track will rub on the oil sump that sticks into the tunnel when you run 7 tooth drivers. This is obviously not a problem with the belt drive (2013).

10-02-118.jpg

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, how well does the 162 X 3 work on the Pro with 7 tooth drivers and chaincase mod vs doing the Avid chaincase. Only reason I ask is I have a buddy who is a great welder and can easily mod my stock chaincase vs the +$1000 for the Avid chaincase.

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

Jeff K

Reaction score
So, how well does the 162 X 3 work on the Pro with 7 tooth drivers and chaincase mod vs doing the Avid chaincase. Only reason I ask is I have a buddy who is a great welder and can easily mod my stock chaincase vs the +$1000 for the Avid chaincase.

I'm Hoping it works Well! There are a bunch of sleds doing this mod for this year, especially now that the new 15" wide track is available, but i doubt any have hit the snow yet. The Doo guys have been doing it for the last couple years and they have even less clearance than the Pro.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a bunch of sleds doing this mod for this year, especially now that the new 15" wide track is available, but i doubt any have hit the snow yet.

It's available in 15" wide ? I checked the Camoplast website a couple of hours ago and could only find the 3" in 16" wide.

Jeff K

Reaction score
Its brand new this year. Its the new style single ply track and it only weighs 7lbs more than the stock track.

There are some really good deals on this track out there if you shop around ;)

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will have my 13' pro back together by this weekend, did the 7 tooth drivers 162x3" track. It has as much clearance as stock drivers with the 2.5 it looks like. got my skid back together tonight and will put it in tomorrow. Hoping the smaller driver gears it down enough but won't know until I can get on some snow...

Top Bottom