13 Flash not a benefit

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I would get the 14 flash done on my 13
my sled was running awesome and pulling like crazy. No issues just thought I would
get it done
supposed to help with rev limiter issues and potential stronger in mid range
well it went backwards in the bottom end
felt mushy and once at 5500 then she comes on
I am thinking I will get 13 program put back in as not a benefit as my sled poorly

anyone else have this issue
Fyi

the flash does not do anything for handwarmers on the 13's
birdie

stormcp

Reaction score
Dont think you can downgrade ?

Mine seemed mushy at first too but I also had a new can on that day so I was unsure. By end of the day I dont notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode with a guy today whose 13 XM was just flashed to 14, and now it is bogging, backfiring, and showing check engine light at low-mid throttle.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless things have changed in the last couple years I dont believe you can go back to the 2013 program. Check with your dealer. That sucks.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had mine re flashed as well and did not notice any of these issues you speak of…hand warmers still don't work,my right one hasn't worked the last four times out.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That really sucks!!!! But on the plus side, Doo has the best warranty out there. So you all should be OK.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The 4 year is great, don't get me wrong. (that's why I bought). But in the end it's only as good as the dealer.
100% agree.....
I'm out of warranty on my 10 Iguana, the dealership and techs are what makes the world of difference.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are there any warranty issues if we don't get our 13's re flashed? I only ask because I had an 11' HCR that I needed to have re flashed or my warranty would be voided by a certain time period.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the Reflash and am now regretting it. Sled was. Awsome before the reflash now it doesn't run worth a ****. The dealer convinced me it was a good idea. Crap. Its back at the dealer now for burnt out hand warmers and I burnt 4 litres of oil in 250 kms and double the fuel as everyone else.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my 30 years in the industry I have found over the years that if you are happy with the performance of your sled and a flash becomes available that is supposed to make it better then don't get it. If your sled runs bad then get it. Seen it more times than I care to and why it happens I have no idea?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my 30 years in the industry I have found over the years that if you are happy with the performance of your sled and a flash becomes available that is supposed to make it better then don't get it. If your sled runs bad then get it. Seen it more times than I care to and why it happens I have no idea?

I have a theory and it's only a theory. The reason they doo a flash upgrade is that they have had a rash of warrantee claims with burned down engines. The flash is a quick fix and they put it out there as a knee jerk reaction to fix a problem. They get it out there without the necessary R&D to make it an effective repair.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Birdie.....Have you brought yours back into the dealer yet to see what they say? My friend with his 13 was having very similar issues, except he was getting a check engine light too when at lower RPM (anything 5500 and below) and carving. So he took it in on Monday and Just got word back from the dealer. They told him he's letting it warm up to long, and they changed out the plugs because they thought they were fowled ish, runs fine when you are rooting on it above 6000 though. When the check engine light was on and he come up to a stop and revved the engine from idle to just before the clutch engages it would pop and backfire along with a lot of exhaust smoke (for a warm ETEC) that smelt like un-burnt fuel basically. To me it sounds like the ECU is over fueling on the bottom end now.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If it aint broke, don't fawk with it! An old saying, but it never goes out of style. :D

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not been able to get it in there to see if it can be adjusted back to 13 specs

Next week will take a trip to west end

Had it out at whitecourt and it ran fine
but it is not as strong as before

birdie

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are supposed to be riding tomorrow, will report back on how the 13 runs.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

Last edited:

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the print out we got when picking up the sled. Now one would think if the rave valves aren't making it to the close position that they may need a cleaning? Or at least pull them out to have a look? Either way the dealer didn't do this, even though the parts guy and service manager agreed that they may be dirty and sticking....and that is something to look into. Haha.

Went out riding on Saturday for 3-4 hours put on around 45 miles and the sled ran worse than before. Check engine light stayed on most of the ride this time, before you could make a few passes up and down the field at WOT and it would clear. Sled was bogging, coughing, lacking power above 6500, and when stopped and reving it up between idle and engagement it would back fire.

Have not heard back from the dealer yet on what the new codes are. All this started after the dealer cleaned the clutches and reflashed the ECM. We were going to tear the rave valves out ourselves to clean and inspect but read threw the shop manual and noticed they need to be recalibrated afterwards. I don't have an aftermarket BUDS system quite yet so we drank beer and watched footage from the day.

Soooo anyone have any thoughts?

Sent from my Shoe Phone

sledder325

Reaction score
Here is the print out we got when picking up the sled. Now one would think if the rave valves aren't making it to the close position that they may need a cleaning? Or at least pull them out to have a look? Either way the dealer didn't do this, even though the parts guy and service manager agreed that they may be dirty and sticking....and that is something to look into. Haha.

Went out riding on Saturday for 3-4 hours put on around 45 miles and the sled ran worse than before. Check engine light stayed on most of the ride this time, before you could make a few passes up and down the field at WOT and it would clear. Sled was bogging, coughing, lacking power above 6500, and when stopped and reving it up between idle and engagement it would back fire.

Have not heard back from the dealer yet on what the new codes are. All this started after the dealer cleaned the clutches and reflashed the ECM. We were going to tear the rave valves out ourselves to clean and inspect but read threw the shop manual and noticed they need to be recalibrated afterwards. I don't have an aftermarket BUDS system quite yet so we drank beer and watched footage from the day.

Soooo anyone have any thoughts?

Sent from my Shoe Phone
Ya take it to a different dealer

Top Bottom