12extra hp on 2011 etec with mild porting and y pipe

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe it...I haven't opened the link, thats with a head shave as well? With more efficient air movement the exhuast would be worth changing as well.

There is power to be found in these etecs, they do respond to certain mods. Its just knowing what works and what doesn't. Don't jump on this just yet with the 2012's though, they have different porting.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool. are they feeling that there is enough room in the fuel map to make this extra hp or are they modifying the etec fuel map with some kind of programmer?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what Fredw had posted.
The owner of the sled had Ralphs 860 last year and wasn't happy with the performance of the etec.
Best to call Split Second your self and find out the details.

12extra hp found on the etec with some mild porting
talking with my engine builder he found some 12hp with mild porting, ypipe

stock fuel system handled the hp without issue on the dyno, and one sled it testing it this weekend in the mountains

peak hp changed to 8100, and extra primary weight will be needed

sled in general sounds more throtty, and crisper, plugs still look good

might have to send the top end away, sounds sweet, good job ralph

Snow Rodeo

Reaction score
My 2011 800 is going in for the new top end recall probably in mid December, so I was thinking about making an extra special effort when everything is getting taken apart. If I could get an extra 10-15 HP's that would be great. Is there anyone around Calgary who does this type of tuning...building?

Top Bottom